Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sunday Talks, 12/16/12
12-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Sunday Talks, 12/16/12
Read the full article on the blog.

ABC's "This Week" will feature Gov. Dan Malloy, Sen. Richard Blumenthal, Sen.-Elect Chris Murphy, and Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra in a discussion about the latest in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings. The roundtable discussion will also focus on the shootings with Rep. Donna Edwards, D-Md., Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, TIME Magazine political columnist Joe Klein, ABC News' George Will, and Democratic strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile. And ABC News Chief Health and Medical Editor Dr. Richard Besser will be discussing the impact of the shootings on the families.

NBC's "Meet the Press" will have Mayor Michael Bloomberg, an outspoken gun control advocate. The roundtable will feature Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA); NY Times columnist David Brooks; president of the American Federation of Teachers, Randi Weingarten; former Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge; former Secretary of Education Bill Bennett; and sociologist Michael Eric Dyson in a discussion about what role leaders in society, as well as parents, can play in addressing gun violence.

CBS's "Face the Nation" will have CT Governor Malloy and State Police Lt. Paul Vance in a discussion about the latest on the shootings. Senator Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., a gun control advocate, and Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, will discuss whether now is the time for a gun control debate in Texas. (IMHO, it's way past time, folks.)

CNN's "State of the Union," Candy Crowley will be in Conneticut to discuss the latest in the shootings investigation. Her guests include Susan Collins ®; Kent Conrad (D); Scott Garrett ®; Chris Van Hollen (D).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Sunday Talks, 12/16/12 #1 - SeattleGirl - 12-15-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: Sunday Talks, 12/16/12 #2 - pappy - 12-16-2012, 09:18 AM
RE: Sunday Talks, 12/16/12 #3 - azmouse - 12-16-2012, 11:27 AM
[*]
12-16-2012, 09:18 AM
RE: Sunday Talks, 12/16/12
I only had "This Week" on for a few minutes. That was long enough. Long enough to hear George Will say to Donna Brazile (paraphrased), "Donna, you were Al Gore's Campaign manager when Al Gore lost the state of Tennessee because of his stance on gun laws."

That's right George, stick to the politics and ignore the morality.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Republicans?

Very_angry

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
12-16-2012, 11:27 AM
RE: Sunday Talks, 12/16/12
(12-16-2012 09:18 AM)pappy Wrote:  I only had "This Week" on for a few minutes. That was long enough. Long enough to hear George Will say to Donna Brazile (paraphrased), "Donna, you were Al Gore's Campaign manager when Al Gore lost the state of Tennessee because of his stance on gun laws."

That's right George, stick to the politics and ignore the morality.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Republicans?

Very_angry

Yet the damed Republicans are soooo concerned with the morality what we do in the bedroom.
Maybe it'll take a mass shooting in a bedroom to get their attention. Banghead

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”