Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
President Obama to speak about CT shooting
12-14-2012, 01:51 PM
President Obama to speak about CT shooting
He'll speak at 3:15 ET. I can't image how difficult it must be to know what to say.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
12-14-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: President Obama to speak about CT shooting
Andrew Cohen ‏@CBSAndrew

The transcript of the President's remarks just now will not do justice to the emotion in his voice, or to the look on his face.
Retweeted by Jonathan Capehart

GOTV in 2014
12-14-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm looking for the video. I agree. A transcript just wouldn't do Pres Obama's remarks justice.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
12-14-2012, 02:30 PM
[Image: proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGlj...Zr8emkzCek]

GOTV in 2014
12-14-2012, 02:51 PM

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

12-15-2012, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 02:06 AM by DFW.)
I celebrated New Year's in 2011 with two Democratic members of the House of Representatives. A week later, one of them was gunned down by a whack job who also killed several others, including a child. The other one just had this to say about the Sandy Hook shooting:

“If now is not the time to have a serious discussion about gun control and the epidemic of gun violence plaguing our society, I don’t know when is.”

“Yet another unstable person has gotten access to firearms and committed an unspeakable crime against innocent children. We cannot simply accept this as a routine product of modern American life.”

“I am challenging President Obama, the Congress, and the American public to act on our outrage and, finally, do something about this.”

Gabby Giffords survived, but just barely and will probably not be able to serve in the House again (thought if anyone can bounce back from a wound like hers, it's Gabby). The other, Jerry Nadler of New York, was the author of the above remarks. I'm still waiting to hear anything encouraging, or even coherent, from their 433 other colleagues in the House. I'm sure that at some point, Speaker Bonehead will say it's "a shame."

"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it."--André Gide