Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
From The People's View: The Right Not To Be Shot
12-14-2012, 12:50 PM
From The People's View: The Right Not To Be Shot
Quote:Your "right to bear arms"—which, if you actually take the time to read the 2nd Amendment, is a conditional right, related to the necessity for a "well-regulated militia", which in the 21st century consists of the various state National Guards—does not mean that I need to think, every time I get in my car to go shopping or to the movies or out to eat, what to do if a gunman decides that the place where I'm going to would be a good place to vent whatever frustrations he has by way of his arsenal.

Your "right to bear arms" should not mean that you have a right to amass an armory, which can fall into the hands of your disturbed child and used in a mass school shooting.

Your "right to bear arms" should not mean that any attempt to regulate arms sales and possession is instantly seen by the gun lobby as reason for a revolution.

Your "right to bear arms" should certainly not mean that you have a right to carry concealed weapons and pull them at the slightest altercation.

Your "right to bear arms" should not entitle you to owning assault weapons which are useful only in war.

Your "right to bear arms" should not trump my right not to be shot while going along my daily business.

The fetishistic devotion to "gun rights" among the NRA and its supporters lead inexorably to tragedies like today's. When it's easier to legally purchase a gun than to legally acquire a driver's license, it's way past time to step back and consider a nation's priorities.

http://www.thepeoplesview.net/2012/12/th...-shot.html

To which I can only say amen.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
12-14-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: From The People's View: The Right Not To Be Shot
It's bass-ackwards when the movie ratings for showing blood and violence are lower than showing a nude/partially-nude body on the screen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top