Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ellen DeGeneres Christmas commercial upsets One Million HATEFUL Moms
12-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Ellen DeGeneres Christmas commercial upsets One Million HATEFUL Moms
The commercial itself is hardly controversial. Comedian and talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres, wearing holiday-themed gloves and hat, sits at a diner table with three of Santa's elves. She asks them to make more toys for a JC Penney contest, and ends up accidentally insulting the tiny little helpers with a bunch of clumsy short jokes.

"I know this is no small feat," DeGeneres says as the elves grimace at what they take as a height reference. "Well, it's a big deal." Finally, she changes the subject entirely: "Who wants a cookie?"

But the appearance of DeGeneres, a lesbian, is controversial indeed to those belonging to One Million Moms. The group posted this update Tuesday on its website:

"Since April, JC Penney's has not aired Ellen DeGeneres in one of their commercials until now. A new JCP ad features Ellen and three elves. JCP has made their choice to offend a huge majority of their customers again. Christians must now vote with their wallets."

Here's the "offensive" commercial:

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/1...-moms?lite

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
12-06-2012, 03:01 PM
RE: Ellen DeGeneres Christmas commercial upsets One Million HATEFUL Moms
I don't like going near stores this time of year with all the Christmas craziness going on, but come January I'm sure there will be some things I'll need to buy at Penney's.
I really dislike small-minded bigots. Yes, I will vote with my wallet and my wallet says shop at Penney's.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

There's nothing more reassuring then realizing the world is crazier than you are.
12-06-2012, 08:06 PM
(12-06-2012 03:01 PM)azmouse Wrote:  I don't like going near stores this time of year with all the Christmas craziness going on, but come January I'm sure there will be some things I'll need to buy at Penney's.
I really dislike small-minded bigots. Yes, I will vote with my wallet and my wallet says shop at Penney's.

ditto ...

I just spent a load of money at JC Penny online today for my grandchildren. I love shopping there.
12-06-2012, 03:39 PM
There's nothing offensive about that commercial. They don't like the fact that they know that she's a lesbian. Buncha small-minded bigots. Rolleyes
12-06-2012, 03:55 PM
One Million Bigots would be a more accurate name for that bunch of small minded cretins.

Silence is consent.
12-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Who decides what's offensive and what is not, these days? Rolleyes
12-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Is there someplace online we can go to express our support?
Aside from shopping there. I'm not boycotting, we just don't have one within 50 miles of here. I would just like to let them, and Ellen, know I approve of her and the elves.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~