Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
5 Dumbest Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories About the United Nations
12-05-2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politic...ed-nations

From the article:
Quote: The Republican Party successfully scuttled the prospect of the United States joining a United Nations treaty that would establish international standards for the rights of disabled people. The vote took place on December 4. The treaty “urges nations to strive to ensure that the disabled enjoy the same rights as their fellow citizens,” the Associated Press reports . But the GOP “objected to taking up a treaty during the lame-duck session and warned that the treaty could pose a threat to U.S. sovereignty.”

The GOP’s opposition to the treaty was reinforced by right-wing media freaking out over yet another United Nations effort. The pattern is well-established: take a UN treaty the US is thinking of signing, twist the language to make it seem nefarious, and then gin up hysterical opposition to it based on non-existent provisions in the treaty.

Examples of the insanity of the republicans and the rest of the political right. Screwy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
12-05-2012, 09:07 AM
The RW side I read was it may increase abortions and make it harder to home school kids with disabilities. They never explained how any of these would be possible under this treaty.
12-11-2012, 05:03 AM
RE: 5 Dumbest Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories About the United Nations
(12-05-2012 09:07 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  The RW side I read was it may increase abortions and make it harder to home school kids with disabilities. They never explained how any of these would be possible under this treaty.

Just making sure you get in the daily Right Wing Talking Points?

Impressive, 72p.

BTW, if you're going to troll this site constantly, please just drop the faux Cajun bit. It's embarrassing to folks actually from Louisiana.
12-05-2012, 10:53 AM
RE: 5 Dumbest Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories About the United Nations
John Birch Society has taken over America. Whoda thunk it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2012, 10:57 AM
I like to think I have an open mind and I'm willing to hear the other sides points. They never give any reason for these claims. If that's the case them its bull sh-t.
12-11-2012, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 08:01 AM by 72ptheriot.)
[attachment=70] well that didn't work