Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Charities
12-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Charities
Had anyone here every been involved with starting up a charity? For many years now I have been thinking of starting one.

It would be involving tradesmen like electrical, plumbing, etc. to help single mothers in need of these type of services. Where if we as trades could help with anything like free labor or even just a price break something to help them afford our services. Free if at all possible.

Just looking for ideas to maybe get this off the ground.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Charities #1 - 72ptheriot - 12-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Charities #2 - 72ptheriot - 12-05-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: Charities #3 - sandnsea - 12-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Charities #4 - 72ptheriot - 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM
RE: Charities #5 - Fire1 - 12-06-2012, 05:16 PM
[*]
12-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Charities
Growing up I seen the struggles of a single mom with no help from the father. We went two months without an a/c because we couldn't afford the repairs till someone helped my mom and allowed her to pay installments. While there are many who do payment plans almost all add financing fees, cost the family more in the long run. Even if they could write off some of the trades men's lost on their taxes to help to find more tradesmen.

I do a lot of free work already and I'm only one guy.
12-05-2012, 08:00 PM
RE: Charities
Check and see if you have a Carpenters for Christ. They do that kind of thing. You could also contact your local Habitat for Humanity. Ours helps people with repairs too. There is also federal funding - gasp - available to retrofit low income rentals and houses, upgrade for disabilities, even build homes for vets. You'll probably find that most charities that do that kind of work get federal funds or help people get federal funds to stretch their charitable work.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Charities
Thanks for the info
12-06-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: Charities
Sounds like a great idea. Good luck!