Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Obama Care
12-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Obama Care
Will Obama care raise the cost if everyday items? Will it hurt smaller companies while allowing larger ones with bigger pockets to put their competitors out of business?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Obama Care #1 - 72ptheriot - 12-04-2012, 04:25 PM
RE: Obama Care #2 - azmouse - 12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: Obama Care #3 - There Is No Spoon - 12-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Obama Care #4 - 72ptheriot - 12-04-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: Obama Care #5 - PoliticalTiger - 12-04-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: Obama Care #6 - SeattleGirl - 12-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Obama Care #7 - 72ptheriot - 12-04-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: Obama Care #8 - There Is No Spoon - 12-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Obama Care #9 - 72ptheriot - 12-04-2012, 07:41 PM
RE: Obama Care #10 - There Is No Spoon - 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Screwy RE: Obama Care #11 - sandnsea - 12-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Obama Care #12 - 72ptheriot - 12-05-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: Obama Care #17 - sandnsea - 12-05-2012, 11:14 AM
RE: Obama Care #13 - Brewman_Jax - 12-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Obama Care #14 - 72ptheriot - 12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
RE: Obama Care #15 - sandnsea - 12-05-2012, 10:57 AM
RE: Obama Care #16 - Brewman_Jax - 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM
RE: Obama Care #18 - pappy - 12-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Obama Care #19 - 72ptheriot - 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
RE: Obama Care #20 - There Is No Spoon - 12-05-2012, 07:53 PM
[*]
12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: Obama Care
If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

There's nothing more reassuring then realizing the world is crazier than you are.
12-04-2012, 05:36 PM
You tell us - what the fuck is wrong with your ability to know your party?

Oh, you're just fucking with us? Then get the fuck out of here.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
12-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Obama Care
(12-04-2012 04:41 PM)azmouse Wrote:  If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Lol. I was just thinking this will be an added cost and it will be passed down to the consumers. The poor may get health care but will have an harder time paying for other everyday items.

Large companies can sell at lower profits just to bankrupt smaller ones. This happens every day. This is why the large one just keep growing and the small one disappear.

I'm not saying the new health care is a bad thing. I think it's great. We know all the good things it will do. Just looking at the company owner side of it. Being an owner myself.
12-04-2012, 06:00 PM
I think you have Obamacare mixed up with Wal-Mart.

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
12-04-2012, 06:16 PM
(12-04-2012 06:00 PM)PoliticalTiger Wrote:  I think you have Obamacare mixed up with Wal-Mart.

roflmao

Notworthy

Silence is consent.
12-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Obama Care
No I see more companies saying their product are going up even though it is small amounts. It is still added cost to people and effects their wallets. I can afford it but was just thinking of the people who struggle now.

I'm not saying any of these problems can't be fixed. Hell I would love for y'all to tell me none of these thing will happen. Sorry if I don't see everything we do as pretty little roses. These are just thoughts and observations. Because I might see some of the thing we do changed shouldn't make me no less a Dem. I want nationalized health care where it wouldn't effect the poor and only help them.
12-04-2012, 07:15 PM
(12-04-2012 06:33 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  No I see more companies saying their product are going up even though it is small amounts. It is still added cost to people and effects their wallets. I can afford it but was just thinking of the people who struggle now.

I'm not saying any of these problems can't be fixed. Hell I would love for y'all to tell me none of these thing will happen. Sorry if I don't see everything we do as pretty little roses. These are just thoughts and observations. Because I might see some of the thing we do changed shouldn't make me no less a Dem. I want nationalized health care where it wouldn't effect the poor and only help them.

You mean Papa Johns having to raise pizza prices $0.04 per pizza? roflmao

Here, smoke some more weed and munch out. Pizza

Papa John's Obamacare Stance Costs Company Its Reputation: Study

Red Lobster Fears Diner Backlash From Anti-Obamacare Stance

So you're with the right-wing trolls who are destroying their businesses to whine like babies? Crying-baby-1

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
12-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Obama Care
The Cheesecake Factory you can add to the list and many more I have seen. It won't affect me and my company yet. I only have around twelve guys but the future is looking good and I have plenty of opportunities coming up. So there is no crying here.

I just was bring up a subject for a thread. If I'm a repub troll then an not very good. It would seem that I would love drones and killing innocent people. Double tapping people with drones would be a great thing. I would be for throwing anyone in prison without trial. I would be pro monsanto and GMO. I would be pro Wall Street and and large banks. I would be pro corporation are people. I would be pro money is free speech. Etc. I am trolling so hard that I'm have been on the Obama email list for well over three years. I have given money to the party just to keep up the scam going. I listen to Tom Hartman and citizen radio through ear buds just to troll the radio.

I would think there is room for different views in the party or even on a forum.
12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
(12-04-2012 07:41 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  The Cheesecake Factory you can add to the list and many more I have seen. It won't affect me and my company yet. I only have around twelve guys but the future is looking good and I have plenty of opportunities coming up. So there is no crying here.

I just was bring up a subject for a thread. If I'm a repub troll then an not very good. It would seem that I would love drones and killing innocent people. Double tapping people with drones would be a great thing. I would be for throwing anyone in prison without trial. I would be pro monsanto and GMO. I would be pro Wall Street and and large banks. I would be pro corporation are people. I would be pro money is free speech. Etc. I am trolling so hard that I'm have been on the Obama email list for well over three years. I have given money to the party just to keep up the scam going. I listen to Tom Hartman and citizen radio through ear buds just to troll the radio.

I would think there is room for different views in the party or even on a forum.

Quote:(Cheesecake Factory CEO) Overton said he doesn't know whether his own company will need to raise prices, since he already provides health insurance to all employees that work 25 hours or more per week. That's fewer hours than required under Obamacare, which will force companies with 50 or more full-time employees to provide employees working at least 30 hours per week with health care coverage or face penalties.

Seems Cheesecake factory has NOTHING to worry about and are just whining.

Do you just repeat shit right-wingers say or do you have an actual point you're trying to make while constantly attacking Democrats and Democratic policies here?

Seriously, you are being a really, really bad troll and we're tiring of your shit.

12-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Screwy RE: Obama Care
Yeah because all the restaurants went out of business when they had to pay their waitresses minimum wage - as opposed to all the restaurants in states where minimum wage is $2.00. Oh, and the cost of a Nike is the same as a Walmart shoe, because they're both made by slave labor. Yep, that's just how it works, production is all about the "costs".

You've been lied to. About everything. Why can't you accept it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Obama Care
The only thing I'm trying to say is that as a business owner my cost go up and in return my prices have to go up. This seems to be not only my business model. I really don't care about restaurant. Most poor cant afford many of these places now. But things like bread, milk, school cloths etc. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong these are just thoughts I had. Please educate me not belittle.
12-05-2012, 11:14 AM
(12-05-2012 08:37 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  The only thing I'm trying to say is that as a business owner my cost go up and in return my prices have to go up. This seems to be not only my business model. I really don't care about restaurant. Most poor cant afford many of these places now. But things like bread, milk, school cloths etc. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong these are just thoughts I had. Please educate me not belittle.

Most poor can't afford an electrician. I don't think your business model is based on making sure the poor live in homes that don't catch on fire due to old wiring. The reason there are fewer and fewer people who can afford quality electricians is because people like you keep helping corporations cut their wages and benefits. The 4 Walmart family members cannot make up for the million employees who might use your services if they were paid well, *and* had health coverage so their inability to pay their medical bills didn't get passed on and raise your wife's premiums.
12-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Seriously? You run a company and don't know this? You should get some research done.
12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Obama Care
I'm too small to be affected. Twelve guy crew. All of my guys have insurance through their wife's work including me. I never had to look into supply any medical yet. If thing keep going as they are going I will have to soon though.
12-05-2012, 10:57 AM
(12-05-2012 09:16 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  I'm too small to be affected. Twelve guy crew. All of my guys have insurance through their wife's work including me. I never had to look into supply any medical yet. If thing keep going as they are going I will have to soon though.

There you go. Too small to be affected. It's amazing that all 12 of your employees are married, and that they're married to women who work at large enough businesses to offer competitive health insurance rates. Nope, none of your employees are on the government teet. Isn't that just amazing.
12-05-2012, 11:01 AM
(12-05-2012 09:16 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  I'm too small to be affected. Twelve guy crew. All of my guys have insurance through their wife's work including me. I never had to look into supply any medical yet. If thing keep going as they are going I will have to soon though.

Yes, like said above, that's incredible that all of your crew have working wives with that can cover their health benefits. Shocked Aren't you the lucky ducky. You should buy a lottery ticket. Rolleyes
12-05-2012, 11:34 AM
(12-05-2012 11:01 AM)Brewman_Jax Wrote:  

Yes, like said above, that's incredible that all of your crew have working wives with that can cover their health benefits. Shocked Aren't you the lucky ducky. You should buy a lottery ticket. Rolleyes

Of course if this story were actually true he could 1) Pay his 12 employees a living wage making their wives incomes optional and/or 2) pay for his employees health insurance rather than relying on the wives of his employees and their employers to take on that responsibility for him. He could also urge a single payer system that wold entirely take the health insurance business off the employers backs and spread out the costs over a larger population base.

But as I said, all those ideas only apply if his story were actually true. That is about as likely as Romney becoming President.

GOTV in 2014
12-05-2012, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 11:55 AM by 72ptheriot.)
Obama Care
It's twelve guys off and on. Right now I'm at ten. To be honest a don't know about two of them. But the rest are covered by their wifes. Two are my inlaws. I'm a small company as where their wife's work for much larger corporations. Some are oil field and some are nurses. One is a CPA. One owns here own janitorial company. About only a year ago I was at six to eight guys. One wife works with mine at a hospice where I have insurance with my wife. Their insurance is a lot better then I could ever give them. Like I said I'm willing to bet that this is something I will have to look into it soon. All this paper work is getting to be too much. It's hard to keep up now. Really not making this stuff up.
12-05-2012, 07:53 PM
(12-05-2012 11:44 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  It's twelve guys off and on. Right now I'm at ten. To be honest a don't know about two of them. But the rest are covered by their wifes. Two are my inlaws. I'm a small company as where their wife's work for much larger corporations. Some are oil field and some are nurses. One is a CPA. One owns here own janitorial company. About only a year ago I was at six to eight guys. One wife works with mine at a hospice where I have insurance with my wife. Their insurance is a lot better then I could ever give them. Like I said I'm willing to bet that this is something I will have to look into it soon. All this paper work is getting to be too much. It's hard to keep up now. Really not making this stuff up.

Here, all the info you need is posted at the top of the forum. http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/sh...?tid=14265

If you did insure your employees you could get a 50% tax credit next year, BTW.

Also, the exchanges make it so many small employers can group together the risk and get good rates - many people will get insurance through the exchanges independent of their company.

You'll likely never be large enough to require insuring your employees, so that's a ridiculous comment.

Now stop looking like an ignoramus and read the fucking post I linked to - then come back and explain the 90% of it that you fail to mention that is good for you and your wife and your kids if you have any. Seeking and focusing on one aspect that DOESN'T EVEN AFFECT YOU makes you seem like you always seem - like you're a troll looking for flaws in Democratic policies only.