Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do not give the the Salvation Army
11-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Do not give the the Salvation Army
If you pass by one of those red kettles and are tempted to toss in a few bucks.... DON'T DO IT! Unless you want to support human traits like hatred, intolerance, dishonest and bigotry.

Quote:The company they keep
November 29, 2012 at 11:58 pm Zinnia
Guess who the Salvation Army chose to give a speech at their 2012 annual luncheon? Dinesh D’Souza, a homophobic conservative commentator who blames American liberals for causing the 9/11 attacks by angering Islamic terrorists.

For the 2012 annual luncheon Salvation Army leadership tapped renowned New York Times best-selling author and filmmaker (2016: Obama’s America) Dinesh D’Souza as guest speaker. He rewarded the audience of more than 500 with a talk on the influences that Christianity has had on religions and people worldwide. His talk at the Hilton Americas-Houston received a standing ovation.

Chaired by Penny and John Butler, the luncheon, hosted by the Salvation Army Advisory Board, honored Rob Mosbacher. Proceeds from the fundraiser topped $425,000, all for Salvation Army coffers.

In his 2007 book, The Enemy At Home: The Cultural Left and Its Responsibility for 9/11, D’Souza wrote:

READ MORE

http://freethoughtblogs.com/zinniajones/...they-keep/

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”

Benjamin Franklin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-30-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Do not give the the Salvation Army
Let's not forget racist. D'Souza is a regular exponent of black inferiority and other anti-black stances. Bigotry should not be a part of charitable work.

I don't give because of their anti-LGBT stance. One should do the right thing for the right reasons. The Prop 8 debacle was one of the main reasons I quit the other website, but what is right and what is wrong did not change because of my personal feelings.

A charity is supposed to help those in need, period.
11-30-2012, 09:07 AM
(11-30-2012 09:05 AM)Brewman_Jax Wrote:  Let's not forget racist. D'Souza is a regular exponent of black inferiority and other anti-black stances. Bigotry should not be a part of charitable work.

I don't give because of their anti-LGBT stance. One should do the right thing for the right reasons. The Prop 8 debacle was one of the main reasons I quit the other website, but what is right and what is wrong did not change because of my personal feelings.

A charity is supposed to help those in need, period.

Exactly when a charity starts to push positions that hurt people, they no longer deserve our support or their tax exempt status.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”

Benjamin Franklin
11-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Let's not forget that D'Souza was fired as President of King's College, uh, I mean resigned, for being a married man having an affair. I don't know what the Salvation Army was thinking inviting this poor example of moral ethics as featured speaker. Another reason not to give.
12-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Thanks, I'll remember that.