Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ohio Secretary Of State May Be Illegally Tossing Ballots
11-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Ohio Secretary Of State May Be Illegally Tossing Ballots
Why isn't Husted in jail?
Lock him up and throw away the key.

Quote:Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted (R ) became the public face of vote suppression this year for his overreaching election directives, which restricted early voting hours and forbid election officials from counting legitimate votes. Though President Obama won the state, Husted has not halted his efforts. With two House races heading to a recount, Husted is now facing accusations that he is illegally tossing provisional ballots. These House races will determine whether state Republicans get a super-majority to put constitutional amendments on the ballot without a single Democratic vote.

State representatives Kathleen Clyde (D-OH) and Debbie Phillips (D-OH) threatened to sue Wednesday evening over at least 384 ballots that have been discarded in the two districts in question, Tuscarawas and Cuyahoga. According to the state reps, some ballots were put in plain manila envelopes instead of provisional ballot envelopes, rendering them invalid. Additionally, they say Husted is rejecting ballots covered under the National Voter Registration Act of 1993, which allows voters who have moved to a different address within the same congressional district to vote at their former precinct.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/11...g-ballots/

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-30-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Ohio Secretary Of State May Be Illegally Tossing Ballots
Have I mentioned lately how much I despise these people?

Silence is consent.
11-30-2012, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 01:59 AM by achieve.)
RE: Ohio Secretary Of State May Be Illegally Tossing Ballots
Now what's going to be done about it? Nothing, I suppose. Repubs get away with things like this all the time.