Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Susan Rice May Have Major Financial Stake in Keystone Pipeline
11-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Susan Rice May Have Major Financial Stake in Keystone Pipeline
Susan Rice, thought by many to be Obama's number one pick for Secretary of State, holds millions of dollars in investments in Canadian oil companies and banks with stakes in the $7 billion Keystone XL Pipeline, according to a piece out today from OnEarth, a magazine published by the environmental advocacy group Natural Resources Defense Council. As head of the State Department, Rice would have ultimate authority in determining the fate of the pipeline, which would link northern Alberta's remote oil sands fields to Texas' Gulf Coast refineries...

http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2...e-keystone

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Sy8Wkw8RrZ-PS8QwfNa...lWPNPpUA2w]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-28-2012, 05:21 PM
RE: Susan Rice May Have Major Financial Stake in Keystone Pipeline
If true, then Rice should now become a darling of the Congressional GOP!
11-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Yes I saw that on MSNBC. Wouldn't that be an issue whereby she could recuse herself from the decision?

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
11-29-2012, 02:30 PM
(11-29-2012 12:50 AM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  Yes I saw that on MSNBC. Wouldn't that be an issue whereby she could recuse herself from the decision?

Was wondering this myself.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Sy8Wkw8RrZ-PS8QwfNa...lWPNPpUA2w]
11-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Chervon Tanker

[Image: CondoleezaRiceOilTanker2.jpg]
11-29-2012, 01:15 PM
That's really disappointing, especially after the controversy with Hillary's former staffers lobbying her for the Koch Brother's pipeline. Of course, if the pipeline is rejected then no one will care.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Let me get this straight
$23,521,177 to $43,543,009 is Rice and her husband's net worth

They have between $300,000 - $600,000 in the Canadian pipeline company and this is suppose to make me believe that she would be a horrible Secretary of State? This has all the hallmarks of a GOP smear campaign.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”

Benjamin Franklin
11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:Boehner has a history of selling votes on the floor of the House to financially benefit corporations, so it is not shocking that he has a conflict of interest in executing his job as a legislator and especially Speaker of the House. Revelations this past week from his financial disclosure forms that John Boehner invested $10,000 to $50,000 each in seven firms that had a stake in Canada’s oil sands should raise red flags for the House Oversight Committee; especially in light of Boehner’s push to grant a permit for the Keystone XL pipeline ahead of the State Department and EPA studies and reports and the millions big oil spent to hasten its construction. To make matters worse, after President Obama denied TransCanada’s permit to build the pipeline, Boehner’s spokesman lied about the number of jobs the President killed. One thing is certain; Boehner would profit from the Keystone pipeline. Profiting politically by selling votes and influence is a career-long habit of Speaker Boehner

I assume the GOP will demand Boehner give up his investments?

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
12-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't really see this as an issue
since most investments by anyone considered for the post will most likely have similar or even higher investments. I am more concerned with reports of her support of the Iraq War - but, then again, many Democrats were lied to at the time and supported the war, because they were lied to.

This smells to me more like an attempt by the RW to undermine the Left's support of her. I think there is more here than immediately meets the eye. Isn't this the same woman that the RW tried to demonize as a "Muslim" and therefore against "American values"?

Stay tuned, folks!
12-01-2012, 11:45 PM
I don't like anyboy who is so careless with their investment. Nobody should have investments in dirty energy. I won't defend it. Sadly she probably isn't alone which is the real reason we have our energy policy. Not because anybody is bribed but because they really don't see dirty energy as a true problem worth turning our economy upside down over.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user