Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
50 Shades of Nay
11-27-2012, 09:05 PM
50 Shades of Nay
Read the full article on the blog.

Having listened to the whinging of you Republicans who still don’t understand how you lost the election, I thought it might be helpful if I spelled it out for you. As always, please seek assistance if you don’t understand the big words.

Since Obama’s first inauguration in January 2009, you have (1) been almost solely focused on ways to ensure he was a one-term president, (2) obstructed every initiative made towards things like job creation and healthcare reform, and (3) sought ways to embarrass, humiliate, and disrespect the President of the United States.

You have (4) proclaimed your allegiance to people like Grover Norquist, while (5) completely ignoring the best interests of the people who elected you to represent them.

You have consistently (6) lied to your constituents, and the citizenry as a whole, often fabricating “facts” and statistics that have no basis in reality in an effort to mislead and misinform.

The speeches, comments and remarks of many on your side of the aisle have often (7) included “dog whistles” intended to appeal to bigots and racists, and you have stubbornly refused to disclaim such statements, or those who make them on your behalf.

You constantly berate liberals and Democrats as people who refuse to “take responsibility” for their words and actions, and yet you persist (8) in refusing responsibility for the current economic disaster directly caused by your own party and its last president, George W. Bush.

You have labelled the Obama administration (9) as being nothing more than a “tax-and-spend” administration, without (10) ever acknowledging how you cheered the out-of-control spending of the previous GOP administration, and remained silent as (11) two wars were launched without any notion of how they would be paid for, and (12) as the surplus Dubya had inherited was turned into unprecedented debt.

You have consistently looked out for (13) the welfare of the wealthiest individuals and corporations, while (14) turning a blind eye to the needs of the hard-working middle class and the working poor.

You have (15) persisted in promoting yourselves as the party of “good Christian values” while, at the same time, you strive to remove the safety net programs that assist the poor, the homeless, the sick and dying. You have decried Obamacare since its passage, (16) while offering no alternative policy that would meet the needs of those most in need, i.e. those who do not have the financial means to pay for the healthcare insurance they require.

You have (17) complained constantly about the need for less government interference in people’s lives when it comes to things like affordable healthcare coverage, but have (18) championed government interference when it includes denying women access to birth control, and their ultimate right to choose whether to carry a child or terminate a pregnancy.

You have (19) brandished your war sabers with complete abandon, despite the fact that you have consistently ignored the plight of the veterans who, after having valiantly served, find themselves in debt, unemployed, and facing hardships at home that no soldier should be forced to deal with.

You have (20) made every effort to suppress voting via draconian requirements that must be met to do so, and have targeted minorities who are most likely to vote against your party, rather than for it.

You have consistently supported candidates who are (21) demonstrably incompetent (i.e. Sarah Palin, Romney/Ryan), and (22) are ignorant the point of embarrassing stupidity (e.g. Romney stating that Iran is a landlocked country, allied with Syria as its “route to the sea”.)

Your party has (23) promoted the idea that our nation was founded as a Christian nation, which is completely contrary to the facts, and should (24) therefore seek to include Christianity in its laws and policies, without regard to other religious beliefs. In furtherance of this effort, you have (24) sought to replace scientific evidence with Biblical texts by teaching creationism, as an example, as an alternative to the known facts.

You have (25) dismissed those who rely on welfare, food stamps, veterans’ benefits, social security benefits, etc., as being parasites who refuse to take responsibility for their own lives. What’s worse is that you do so without any regard to those who are in dire straits as a direct result of your own party’s policies.

In addition, (26) you continue to insist that minorities are predominantly the recipients of such programs, completely contrary to the known statistics.

You (27) whine incessantly about people who blame the Dubya administration for the deficit, and the lack of regulatory oversight that led to a financial meltdown – and never, ever (28) acknowledge that the Dubya administration WAS in fact responsible for what happened, and how it happened.

You have the unmitigated gall to (29) question President Obama’s citizenship – which has been proven beyond all doubt – after you refused anyone the right to question (30) Dubya’s alleged fulfillment of his military service, which has yet to be proven.

You have been (31) steadfast in your assertion that the last GOP administration “kept the country safe” – while being (32) equally steadfast in your delusion that 9/11 never happened on Dubya’s watch, and that his promise to get Bin Laden, dead-or-alive, was accomplished not by him, but by the President who followed him.

You have (33) done everything in your power to diminish the rights of gays and lesbians, despite the fact that they are citizens whose rights should be as sacrosanct as those of any other American.

You continue (34) to hold the citizenry hostage while you play political games with issues like raising the debt ceiling – a concept (35) you had no problem dealing with when one of your own was in the Oval Office.

Now let’s get down to the recent election, and your esteemed nominee, shall we?

You chose to run a candidate who, (36) in the midst of the financial hardship being suffered by millions of Americans, flaunted his wealth and privileged status at every opportunity.

Said candidate, Mitt Romney, (37) missed no opportunity to insult hard-working Americans, nor (38) our international allies. He chose to completely ignore (39) our troops on the ground (40) and our veterans, while (41) extolling the virtues of the kind of entrepreneur spirit that guts US companies for the profit of the few, and (42) ships US jobs to cheaper labor markets overseas while (43) profiting from the doing of same.

He refused to provide his tax returns, which would have disclosed (44) how little in taxes he has traditionally paid, or (45) how much of his personal wealth has been off-shored to avoid paying any taxes at all.

The contribution of his running mate, Paul Ryan – much touted by your party as the “intellectual one” – was confined to (46) a completely fabricated story about the closing of an auto plant on Obama’s watch, which never happened, (47) various and sundry lies about his marathon run times, and (48) two uniquely embarrassing photo-ops: one of washing already-scrubbed pots and pans at a shelter supplying meals to the hungry, and (49) his ability to pose lifting weights while wearing a backwards-turned baseball cap as though he was running for “Pretend Homey of the Year” instead of the office of the vice presidency of the United States.

As for No. 50 in the Fifty Shades of Nay, let’s just forget counting and leave it at the fact that your party does nothing for anyone, other than themselves. You have not advanced the well-being of your fellow citizens one iota; you have not accomplished a single thing that addresses the plight of the average American.

You have not sought to keep your bat-shit crazy adherents from reducing the political discussion to long-form birth certificates, or the notion that high-placed Muslims are infiltrating our government at every level, or the idea that government has no mandate to feed the hungry, care for the sick, or look after the poor – but instead has a mandate to poke its nose in our bedrooms, to limit our rights as a gender, and to define our freedoms dependent on who we choose to love.

So there you have it. Fifty reasons why you not only lost the election, but why you will continue to be relegated to the dustbin of American politics.

THIS is your party on the drug of absolute cluelessness.

Any questions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
50 Shades of Nay #1 - NanceGreggs - 11-27-2012, 09:05 PM
I'll be sharing this! #2 - madamesilverspurs - 11-27-2012, 11:26 PM
RE: 50 Shades of Nay #3 - NanceGreggs - 11-28-2012, 12:54 AM
RE: 50 Shades of Nay #4 - SeattleGirl - 11-28-2012, 01:57 AM
RE: 50 Shades of Nay #5 - Brewman_Jax - 11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
[*]
11-27-2012, 11:26 PM
I'll be sharing this!
I've tried a few times to enumerate the offenses, but I get so ticked off that my poor keyboard starts ducking from the assault. And I just don't type well when my teeth are clenched, must be that 'walk and chew gum' thing.

(PS - you made it to 50, you have two 26s...)
11-28-2012, 12:54 AM
RE: 50 Shades of Nay
(11-27-2012 11:26 PM)madamesilverspurs Wrote:  I've tried a few times to enumerate the offenses, but I get so ticked off that my poor keyboard starts ducking from the assault. And I just don't type well when my teeth are clenched, must be that 'walk and chew gum' thing.

(PS - you made it to 50, you have two 26s...)

Thanks, Madame - and the "26" problem has been fixed - duh!!!!!
11-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Nance, thank you for laying it out.

Right now, I am so very angry at McCain and his handmaiden Graham and Ayott (or however you spell her name) over their attacks on Susan Rice.

I am beside myself over the continued obstruction of what could actually be good for this country (including what could actually be good in the long term for the 1%).

I have absolutely had it with these clowns. HAD IT! They don't care about this country; they only care about what might be in it for them.

They don't care about the poor, the sick, the disadvantaged, the soldiers in active combat and the soldiers who come home after deployment who face physical and mental challenges.

They don't care about anything or anyone outside themselves.

They are complete losers, but in their twisted minds, they "win" when they drag the rest of us down with them.

As I've said before, they can put a different shade of lipstick on that pig, but it's still gonna be a pig.

Silence is consent.
11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Well done! Wave

I look forward to the time when the GOP and the rest of the rabid racist RW become a footnote in history.