Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rich CEOs Advice: Cuts to the Poor, Middle Class, Seniors, But Not Me
11-27-2012, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2012 01:14 PM by Myra.)
Rich CEOs Advice: Cuts to the Poor, Middle Class, Seniors, But Not Me
CEOs aim to shift $134 billion in tax payments onto poor and middle class Americans

http://youtu.be/G6OAD4dBy0k

Top 100 Recipients of Federal Contract Awards for FY 2011: GE, Boeing and Honeywell -- were handed nearly $28 billion last year in federal contracts alone.

But in the past week, in order to make their case to the millions of Americans who don't work for them, CEOs fanned out into television, to convince the rest of the country that slashing the social safety net is the only way to reduce the deficit.

In an interview aired Monday, Goldman Sachs chairman and CEO Lloyd Blankfein said Social Security "wasn't devised to be a system that supported you for a 30 year retirement after a 25-year career." The key to cutting Social Security, he said, was simply a matter of teaching people to expect less. (Source)

[This is what their 'reform' consists of, this is what they want to do to our seniors. It makes NO sense to cut benefits for Social Security, it is fully funded until 2037 and with a slight increase in the deduction cap it would be solvent almost indefinately. Call your Senators & Representatives & tell them to keep their hands off of Social Security.

It doesn't matter what your age is right now, if you let them screw with Social Security now, it will cost you in the long run. This matters to you, even if you're only 20 yrs old. The social safety net is more important now than ever - without it, we'll be a third world country . . .]

[Image: 63143_4155712.jpg]

Raise the cap to at least $250,000. Social Security will last for as long as it is needed then. A really good idea would also be to have the government pay back the money owed to the Social Security fund.

[Image: 604029_415596428513532.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-27-2012, 04:13 PM
RE: Rich CEOs Advice: Cuts to the Poor, Middle Class, Seniors, But Not Me
I just put that social security graphic on my facebook. Finally they have it down to a bumper sticker where anybody can understand it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2012, 12:28 AM
"...a 25-year career"??? In what world? Not in mine, certainly, and I'm sure not in the world of say, 99% of the people.

I am 57 years old, and have worked full time since I was 16 years old. I think that if I want to apply for early SS benefits when I'm 62, I should be able to, and fuck that asshole and his asshole friends who think I or anyone else, should have to wait until we're 68 or 70 to be eligible for benefits.

Silence is consent.
Find all posts by this user
11-28-2012, 02:16 AM
(11-28-2012 12:28 AM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  "...a 25-year career"??? In what world? Not in mine, certainly, and I'm sure not in the world of say, 99% of the people.

I am 57 years old, and have worked full time since I was 16 years old. I think that if I want to apply for early SS benefits when I'm 62, I should be able to, and fuck that asshole and his asshole friends who think I or anyone else, should have to wait until we're 68 or 70 to be eligible for benefits.

Our full retirement is already 67+ depending on what month we were born. I bet a lot of people our age don't know just how badly we were screwed back in the 80s when FICA was raised.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user