Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was there ever much doubt? 'Susan Rice’s star rises as potential secretary of state'
11-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Was there ever much doubt? 'Susan Rice’s star rises as potential secretary of state'
WaPo:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/c...ingtonpost

Quote:WASHINGTON — With congressional opposition softening, U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice could find her name in contention as early as this week to succeed Hillary Rodham Clinton as secretary of state. It’s a step that may signal greater U.S. willingness to intervene in world crises during President Barack Obama’s second term....

Rice is scheduled to meet on Tuesday with Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., her most vocal critic on Capitol Hill. She will also meet with Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H. McCain and Ayotte are members of the Armed Services Committee.

During an interview on Monday, McCain said he would ask Rice “the same questions I’ve been talking about on every talk show in America.” Asked whether he thinks she’s still unfit for secretary of state and what he was hoping for, McCain interrupted and said, “I’m not hoping for anything. She asked to see me and I agreed to see her....

FULL READ

"Go, Susan" -- am rooting for you. You richly deserve the post -- on your watch, international opinion of this country turned around from dismal to hopeful. You were a large part of that! McCain owes you an apology as far as I'm concerned.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-27-2012, 12:08 AM
RE: Was there ever much doubt? 'Susan Rice’s star rises as potential secretary of state'
Asking for a meeting with McCain shows guts and class. It's a happy reminder that adults are back in charge at the White House again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-27-2012, 12:24 AM
RE: Was there ever much doubt? 'Susan Rice’s star rises as potential secretary of state'
I second that emotion, Willinois.
11-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Not hearing much about the Benghazi "scandal" any more. Another one bites the dust. Next?
11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
They told us the truth the whole time. It was just a protest. Now leave them alone on this.
11-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Logically, this story should be over soon, as people like McCain are starting to look foolish. I hope that McCain is looking for a way out. If not, it will go on a bit longer.

Fox "News" is a tub thumper that is in the entertainment business.

Susan Rice as Secy of State is a good choice.
11-29-2012, 02:26 AM
The Republicans are becoming more and more obvious about what their actual motive is in this (well, in addition to smearing yet another person of color in the Obama administration): they are pushing like mad for John Kerry to be chosen so they can get Brown back in Congress. As if there is a guarantee that he would win.

Silence is consent.