Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
O'Reilly: Black Voters Don't Believe In 'Self-Reliance' or 'American Exceptionalism'
11-23-2012, 11:51 AM
O'Reilly: Black Voters Don't Believe In 'Self-Reliance' or 'American Exceptionalism'
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/1...americans/

From the article:
Quote:Since the night of the election, Bill O’Reilly has been looking for a scapegoat on whom he can blame Mitt Romney’s loss. He seems to have found one in African American, Latino, and female voters.

Before all the votes were even cast on November 6, O’Reilly came out with the theory that “The white establishment is now the minority,” and that women, black, and Latino voters are “non-traditional” voters who “feel that they are entitled to things and which candidate, between the two, is going to give them things?”

On his show last night, O’Reilly responded to comedian Jon Stewart’s criticism that mourning “traditional voters” is latent racism. But in his rebuttal, O’Reilly explained that the mass turnout of voters of color signaled an end to “traditional American voters.” The new voters, he argued, don’t understand “traditional American values”:

Yes, BillO, it is about the racism.

The use of code word speak and dog whistle politics. It's nothing new. Black voters vote for black candidates "only because they're black"; white voters vote for white candidates because "they want the best person for the job."

Keep digging, 2014 mid-term elections aren't that far away. I'm stuck with a failed MD turned repub rep in a repub red area, but enough democrats around him will make him a footnote.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-23-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: O'Reilly: Black Voters Don't Believe In 'Self-Reliance' or 'American Exceptionalism'
BillO is a FOOL!!
11-23-2012, 03:13 PM
RE: O'Reilly: Black Voters Don't Believe In 'Self-Reliance' or 'American Exceptionalism'
Well, I got my gift. Romney isn't president and I am happy with that.