Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
President Obama's visit to Thailand
11-18-2012, 01:30 PM
President Obama's visit to Thailand
President Barack Obama on Sunday launched a three-day tour through Southeast Asia in Bangkok, where his motorcade departed the airport and made the trek along wide open highways into the center of the city, then past the Government House which was decked out in bunting and a large sign reading “Welcome to the Honorable Barack Obama.”

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton walk through the Wat Pho Royal Monastery, Buddhist temple in Bangkok on Sunday... read more

[Image: obama_bangkok1.jpg]

President Obama speaks with Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej Credit: Reuters

[Image: article_b755593.jpg]

A Thai policeman salutes as President Obama and Hillary Clinton pass by Credit: Reuters/Jason Reed.

[Image: article_0ebde55a06b8eb97_1353236380_9j-4aaqsk.jpg]

He then attended a welcoming ceremony at the Thai Government House where he met with Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

[Image: article_c39f.jpg]

During the dinner, Mr Obama said: "My visit to Thailand is far too brief, but even in my short stay I've already felt the extraordinary warmth and kindness and hospitality of the people of Thailand."

The Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra made a toast to the long-lasting friendship between their two countries.

In response, Mr Obama toasted "to the strength of our alliance".

http://youtu.be/r0efnLY0HN4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
President Obama's visit to Thailand #1 - Myra - 11-18-2012, 01:30 PM
[*]