Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Montini: McCain chooses instigator over statesman
11-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Montini: McCain chooses instigator over statesman
EJ Montini always says what I'm thinking but he says it so much better. It'll be said many, many times until McCain finally retires but he really is the image of the angry white man. With him, it's double-strength anger since he lost to the black man in the White House.

Quote:After an election season that has the country divided and angry, Sen. McCain is racheting up the rhetoric, publicly railing about the administration’s response to the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that led to the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

On Wednesday he called for establishment of a Watergate-style congressional committee to investigate the situation.

The attack was a horrible event, an obvious failure to protect Americans on the part of the government.

But Watergate?

Does it rise to that level?

McCain should know. Like I said, he has institutional memory.

For example, he was a congressman when on April 18, 1983, the United States embassy in Lebanon was attacked by a suicide bomber, killing 63 people, including 17 Americans.

There was no call for a “Watergate-style” investigation after that attack. No demand that heads to roll in the administration over poor security or preparation. The president at the time was Ronald Reagan, whom McCain calls his hero.

Read more at: http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/EJ...#protected

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-16-2012, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2012 11:28 AM by achieve.)
RE: Montini: McCain chooses instigator over statesman
McCain is a bitter piece of disgusting garbage. We really dodged a bullet with this guy. Arizona ought to be embarrassed.
President Obama not only handed McCain is @ss, but the President handed Romney his @ss, too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top