Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Romney Says Obama Only Won Because He Gave ‘Big Gifts’ To Blacks And Latinos
11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Mitt Romney is attributing his loss in the 2012 election to the “gifts” President Obama gave to minority voters, the Los Angeles Times is reporting. Speaking to donors on Wednesday, the former Massachusetts governor praised his own campaign, but speculated that Obama won because he was “very generous” to his base:

Mitt Romney told his top donors Wednesday that his loss toPresident Obama was a disappointing result that neither he or his top aides had expected, but said he believed his team ran a “superb” campaign with “no drama,” and attributed his rival’s victory to “the gifts” the administration had given to blacks, Hispanics and young voters during Obama’s first term.

Obama, Romney argued, had been “very generous” to blacks, Hispanics and young voters. He cited as motivating factors to young voters the administration’s plan for partial forgiveness of college loan interest and the extension of health coverage for students on their parents’ insurance plans well into their 20s. Free contraception coverage under Obama’s healthcare plan, he added, gave an extra incentive to college-aged women to back the president. [...]

“The President’s campaign,” he said, “focused on giving targeted groups a big gift—so he made a big effort on small things. Those small things, by the way, add up to trillions of dollars.”

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/1...d-latinos/

Remember when Willard went on Fox "News" and said his 47% remarks were wrong? As usual, he was lying. He really believes everything he said on that tape!

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Romney Says Obama Only Won Because He Gave ‘Big Gifts’ To Blacks And Latinos #1 - PoliticalTiger - 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
The sluts! #21 - Hekate - 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM
From PoliticusUSA.com: #13 - azmouse - 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM
[*]
11-14-2012, 07:48 PM
RE: Romney Says Obama Only Won Because He Gave ‘Big Gifts’ To Blacks And Latinos
And the racist piece of garbage said the 47% remarks were a mistake. Uhh, yeah, they were a political mistake because you said exactly what you believe.

Glad we won't be hearing much more from this elitist ass clown.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
11-14-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: Romney Says Obama Only Won Because He Gave ‘Big Gifts’ To Blacks And Latinos
Oh yeah, food, health care & education... I bet those are the same "big gifts" Romney's backers were looking for if he had won.

Need another list of things these asshats have said since the election to show them why they really lost.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Racist jerk. Anybody who says this guy is a nice person is a liar.
11-15-2012, 12:31 AM
It's really hard to take Republican self-righteousness about this when their entire party is based on promising people free tax cut money plus all the government services they like.
11-15-2012, 01:08 AM
He's an asshole, though I did get a chuckle out of several guests on MSNBC today "complaining" that they hadn't received their gifts yet!

Silence is consent.
11-15-2012, 09:25 AM
(11-15-2012 01:08 AM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  He's an asshole, though I did get a chuckle out of several guests on MSNBC today "complaining" that they hadn't received their gifts yet!

They obviously aren't part of the darker-skinned/ working poor/ active combat military/ senior/ student/ 47% types who have been freeloading off of us.

Shrug

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Sy8Wkw8RrZ-PS8QwfNa...lWPNPpUA2w]
11-15-2012, 05:05 AM
I'm unsure of the etiquette here and I'm afraid I have been impolite for several years now.

When my gift Social Security check comes every month am I supposed to send a thank you note? If I should, then to whom do I send it? Obama? The Social Security Administration?

I know that my lack of civility must have hurt many feelings over the years so I feel I should apologize but do I have to send each of them an individual note of apology or can I just take out an ad in the newspaper?

GOTV in 2014
11-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm shocked! I've also neglected to do this!
(11-15-2012 05:05 AM)pappy Wrote:  I'm unsure of the etiquette here and I'm afraid I have been impolite for several years now.

When my gift Social Security check comes every month am I supposed to send a thank you note? If I should, then to whom do I send it? Obama? The Social Security Administration?

I know that my lack of civility must have hurt many feelings over the years so I feel I should apologize but do I have to send each of them an individual note of apology or can I just take out an ad in the newspaper?

And here I was just wondering when the next free gift was gonna come my way. Tsk. My bad, my bad. Thank you for alerting me to the error of my ways.

Hekate

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~
11-15-2012, 07:04 AM
More proof of my assertions that Mitt Romney is a fraud and pretender, and mentally ill to boot. I never again want to hear anyone refer to him as "a good and decent man." The guy ran for president for the better part of a decade, and in that entire time, never once demonstrated an iota of likability or decency (I don't count his concession speech because he was apparently too "shellshocked" to realize he actually sounded civil.) La Jolla, CA, I hear he's coming your way to retire. Good luck to you.
11-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Still blowing the racist dogwhistle, eh, Rmoney. ya racist rat bastard!

The fact that you ran on the promise of giving big gifts to the rich white corporate elite doesn't mean anything to you, right? Rolleyes
11-15-2012, 07:45 AM
GOP repub mascot Piyush Jindal has the nerve to be outraged. Please, spare us. Rolleyes

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/201...ng-voters/
11-15-2012, 08:32 AM
(11-15-2012 07:45 AM)Brewman_Jax Wrote:  GOP repub mascot Piyush Jindal has the nerve to be outraged. Please, spare us. Rolleyes

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/201...ng-voters/

He is a racist. Screw him.
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Political Tiger left out all those women who get free contraceptives!

Mitt seems a tad distressed that people actually believed that he meant what he said about the 47%.
11-15-2012, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 07:51 PM by Hekate.)
The sluts!
(11-15-2012 08:41 AM)suzie Wrote:  Political Tiger left out all those women who get free contraceptives!

Mitt seems a tad distressed that people actually believed that he meant what he said about the 47%.

The sluts! >gag< Every time I hear a Pub bloviate about how sacred each egg and sperm are I want to ask them how many children they have. But I want to be sure to ask a couple of follow-up questions, like: Why don't you have at least a dozen kids? and What kind of contraception to you and your wife use?

I would SO love to have a bunch of the hypocrites on camera huffing and puffing and getting red in the face and saying the actual words: It's none of your business!!!!!

Because buddy, it sure as hell is not my business, nor is my fertility yours.

Have I mentioned yet today how much I despise these hypocrites?

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~
11-15-2012, 09:22 AM
From PoliticusUSA.com:
Quote:Romney will never see that in smearing everyone who voted for Obama as a freeloader bribed by a “gift”, he again shows his contempt for average Americans. Romney’s tone suggests that privately he is cursing the “sluts” (per Rush Limbaugh, whom Romney never did manage to condemn) who voted for Obama to get their free contraceptives. The illegals, the welfare victims and the sluts elected the black Santa for the gifts. “Those people”, whom Romney assured his wealthy donors on the secret tape, will never vote for him because they are “victims” who feel entitled to things like food and healthcare.

Another shocker for Romney must have been that the “victims” who won’t vote for him are the majority of this country. Also, eight out of ten of the wealthiest counties in the country went for Obama.

Miserly, stingy Romney who wants the poor and middle class to pay for more jet fuel for the 1% can’t understand why you would vote for someone else, except that you tacky people were bribed by gifts. It surely couldn’t have been Romney’s failures.

http://www.politicususa.com/vintage-romn...gifts.html

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
11-15-2012, 09:40 AM
When I was young my mother worked two jobs to get off the food stamps. When she felt like she make enough to support us she called and had them stop sending them. We still had it tough but wanted to do it own her own. If we didn't have the stamps for those six months or so I'm not sure how we would have made it. Thanks for the free stuff.
11-15-2012, 11:20 AM
(11-15-2012 09:40 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  When I was young my mother worked two jobs to get off the food stamps. When she felt like she make enough to support us she called and had them stop sending them. We still had it tough but wanted to do it own her own. If we didn't have the stamps for those six months or so I'm not sure how we would have made it. Thanks for the free stuff.

Uh yeah, it wasn't free. She paid taxes for decades that more than covered those 6 months, like most people do. Corporations, otoh, often go years with paying no taxes at all beause of the millions, per corporation, of "free stuff" they get. Not to mention that ginormous military that patrols the oceans so they can drill for oil and ship stuff from China.
11-15-2012, 12:08 PM
@72, you certainly have a unique way of putting things that sometimes makes it difficult to know whether you're in agreement or opposed. But I think I take the point of your last post, which is that behind Romney's derision of "free stuff" are real human beings whose lives hang in the balance. And I totally agree with that!
11-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Proof Romney meant what he said about the 47%
and proof that you can't believe a word Mitt the wealthy self entitled asshole says.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”

Benjamin Franklin
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM
We need that at the time. My mother just felt if she could make ends meet on her own the she didn't need it any longer and it should go to the truly needy. Things were still tough and her working two jobs make me a lock key kid. But most of her friends were very low income families in government houses. We seen what poor really was and their hardship. She didn't see money as an infinite resource and thought every dollar she took from the system was a dollar taken away from other truly needy. They didn't have much but would always would bring us food. Even their left overs were unbelievable. Mmmmm
11-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Keep it up, GOP!

[Image: postelection.jpg]