Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dear Republicans: You Lost. Get Over It.
11-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Dear Republicans: You Lost. Get Over It.
Quote: Republicans Label President Obama and the American People the Enemy

The concept of patriotism is fierce devotion to one’s country, and it is supposed to override differences caused by the individual geographical locations and philosophies inherent in varying cultures and ideology within a nation. Nationalism is a form of patriotism based on a group of individuals’ identification with a nation, and it belies the belief that citizenship should be limited to any one ethnic, religious, or philosophical conviction, and yet after the re-election of President Obama, the notion of nationalism and a unified population appears to be non-existent among Republican supporters. After nearly four years, the hate manifest toward President Obama and his supporters is candid and intense, and portends trouble for America. <...>

The level of vitriol Republican extremists are expressing for the President and over half the population is the product of four years of indoctrination by conservatives that President Obama is a Marxist foreigner, and that Romney reinforced with dog whistle racism and assertions that the President is an outlier, and now they are spreading their hatred to American citizens because they voted against Romney. These so-called Americans have no nationalistic pride or belief in the United States, and have made every attempt to divide this country in the spirit of rebellion based on racism; not taxation, loss of freedom, religious liberty, or love of country, but pure racism.

http://www.politicususa.com/republicans-...enemy.html

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: Dear Republicans: You Lost. Get Over It.
Accept the fact that the GOP is not going to "get over it".

The GOP will be seriously displeased for a very long time.

The Democratic Party needs to get ready for Nov 2014.
11-12-2012, 10:09 PM
(11-12-2012 09:25 PM)cannae1 Wrote:  Accept the fact that the GOP is not going to "get over it".

I agree with that. The GOP is full of loons, and they are not about to come to come to their senses. The few sane Republicans left are wasting their time trying to tell the rest of their party they need to stop acting so crazy because, hell, they are all nuts! I mean, these are people who are still convinced Bill and/or Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster and they will remained convinced Obama is a Muslim communist atheist who was born in Kenya until the day they die!

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
11-13-2012, 02:28 AM
(11-12-2012 10:09 PM)PoliticalTiger Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 09:25 PM)cannae1 Wrote:  Accept the fact that the GOP is not going to "get over it".

I agree with that. The GOP is full of loons, and they are not about to come to come to their senses. The few sane Republicans left are wasting their time trying to tell the rest of their party they need to stop acting so crazy because, hell, they are all nuts! I mean, these are people who are still convinced Bill and/or Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster and they will remained convinced Obama is a Muslim communist atheist who was born in Kenya until the day they die!

It actually goes back further than Clinton. There are still people that swear man never landed on the moon for example. The right has been building their base on fear of both government and the Democratic Party since FDR, if not before. It doesn't matter if those fears are based on any facts or are even rational and consistent. What matters is that it feeds their fear and paranoia.

GOTV in 2014
11-13-2012, 03:39 AM
(11-13-2012 02:28 AM)pappy Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 10:09 PM)PoliticalTiger Wrote:  I agree with that. The GOP is full of loons, and they are not about to come to come to their senses. The few sane Republicans left are wasting their time trying to tell the rest of their party they need to stop acting so crazy because, hell, they are all nuts! I mean, these are people who are still convinced Bill and/or Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster and they will remained convinced Obama is a Muslim communist atheist who was born in Kenya until the day they die!

It actually goes back further than Clinton. There are still people that swear man never landed on the moon for example. The right has been building their base on fear of both government and the Democratic Party since FDR, if not before. It doesn't matter if those fears are based on any facts or are even rational and consistent. What matters is that it feeds their fear and paranoia.

About 5 years ago, I was absolutely shocked to learn that two of the women I worked with at the time, who are otherwise very smart women, believe that the moon landing was faked. My jaw literally dropped!

Silence is consent.
11-13-2012, 06:24 AM

They might not get over it, but they damn well better accept it.
We will never go back to where these bigots were comfortable, and that is the 1950's.
11-13-2012, 07:26 AM
The GOP can't do anything about the fact that their people lost.
But, they can do something about Nov 2014. The Democratic Party must prepare for the next election. We do have 'all politics all the time'.
11-13-2012, 10:11 AM
(11-13-2012 07:26 AM)cannae1 Wrote:  The GOP can't do anything about the fact that their people lost.
But, they can do something about Nov 2014. The Democratic Party must prepare for the next election. We do have 'all politics all the time'.
Amen, on that!