Cornel West: Obama a 'Republican in Blackface'
11-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Why won't this fool just go away?

http://www.atlantadailyworld.com/index.p...p-for-sale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Cornel West: Obama a 'Republican in Blackface' #1 - Drunken Irishman - 11-12-2012, 02:12 AM
[*]
11-12-2012, 05:16 AM
RE: Cornel West: Obama a 'Republican in Blackface'
That didn't take long.

It's a desperate cry for attention.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Strange.

The GOP does nor know that.
11-12-2012, 07:34 AM
(11-12-2012 02:12 AM)Drunken Irishman Wrote:  Why won't this fool just go away?

http://www.atlantadailyworld.com/index.p...p-for-sale

To think I used to respect this guy until his pettiness over Obama not calling him was his mantra. Time for him to get smacked down by MHP again.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
11-12-2012, 09:23 AM
To think I used to respect this guy until his pettiness over Obama not calling him was his mantra. Time for him to get smacked down by MHP again.
[/quote]

West started taking snipes at President Obama when President Obama was running for president, in 2008. So why would he even expect President Obama to call him. I would not call someone who picks on me, either.
11-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Corny, go sit your ass down somewhere.
11-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Eh, I just call him Cornhole Face.

Whatanasshole!

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
11-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Shame shame.
11-12-2012, 09:17 AM
That is the most ridiculous thing for West to say. I wonder if he hears himself.
I am so sick of people taking these nasty, uncalled for snipes at our President. President Obama is way above them in class, dignity and integrity.
11-12-2012, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 10:30 AM by Still a Democrat.)
Looks like somebody didn't get the job they wanted in PBO's administration.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Sy8Wkw8RrZ-PS8QwfNa...lWPNPpUA2w]
11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
(11-12-2012 10:29 AM)Still a Democrat Wrote:  Looks like somebody didn't get the job they wanted in PBO's administration.
No, he and Tavis are pissed b/c they haven't been invited to the WH.
11-12-2012, 01:29 PM
It s sad to see him render himself irrelevant by misuse of hyperbole and pettiness because PBO doesn't call every other day. Sad
11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
I don't even know what to say about this brother, except that his particular brand of intellectualism seems to have rendered him irrelevant over the past 30 years or so.
11-12-2012, 06:41 PM
He's the black Donald Trump.

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
11-12-2012, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 08:04 PM by Myra.)
I agree with Fire1 above ...

He's still mad because Pres. Obama never invited him to the White House. Now we know why.

11-12-2012, 09:31 PM
PBO can safely ignore Cornell West.

the alternative is to hug him half to death, and then ignore him.

The problem with that is that West will try to preach Obama into an afternoon nap.
11-13-2012, 07:56 AM
West is the poster child for what's wrong with
our nation's institutions of higher learning. How can this fool be counted on to teach and guide young minds when he clearly has not grasp on reality? Is it any wonder we are falling behind other nations with much better higher education systems? The only thing our higher education system is producing is record student debt

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”

Benjamin Franklin
11-13-2012, 08:09 AM
(11-13-2012 07:56 AM)NJMaverick Wrote:  our nation's institutions of higher learning. How can this fool be counted on to teach and guide young minds when he clearly has not grasp on reality? Is it any wonder we are falling behind other nations with much better higher education systems? The only thing our higher education system is producing is record student debt

Those darned liberal professors are destroying our higher education system!

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
11-13-2012, 08:14 AM
(11-13-2012 08:09 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 07:56 AM)NJMaverick Wrote:  our nation's institutions of higher learning. How can this fool be counted on to teach and guide young minds when he clearly has not grasp on reality? Is it any wonder we are falling behind other nations with much better higher education systems? The only thing our higher education system is producing is record student debt

Those darned liberal professors are destroying our higher education system!

So you agree with West and his assertion that "Obama is a Republican in Blackface'":shrug1:

Benjamin Franklin
11-13-2012, 08:30 AM
(11-13-2012 08:14 AM)NJMaverick Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 08:09 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  Those darned liberal professors are destroying our higher education system!

So you agree with West and his assertion that "Obama is a Republican in Blackface'":shrug1:

Cornell represents all liberal professors in the United States?

Is that your argument? C'mon, you're not serious.

11-13-2012, 08:37 AM
(11-13-2012 08:30 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 08:14 AM)NJMaverick Wrote:  So you agree with West and his assertion that "Obama is a Republican in Blackface'":shrug1:

Cornell represents all liberal professors in the United States?

West represents the out of touch with reality professors that are all too common in our nation's institutions of higher learning. The fact that he is a faux liberal is not really germane to my point.

Benjamin Franklin
11-13-2012, 08:57 AM
(11-13-2012 08:37 AM)NJMaverick Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 08:30 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  Cornell represents all liberal professors in the United States?

West represents the out of touch with reality professors that are all too common in our nation's institutions of higher learning. The fact that he is a faux liberal is not really germane to my point.

Do you have a source for this accusation?

I know Fox "News" might agree with your assertion, but I've never met a professor as out of touch as Cornhole.

Edit: Oh, and West retired from Princeton last May.

11-13-2012, 09:14 AM
(11-13-2012 08:57 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 08:37 AM)NJMaverick Wrote:  West represents the out of touch with reality professors that are all too common in our nation's institutions of higher learning. The fact that he is a faux liberal is not really germane to my point.

I know Fox "News" might agree with your assertion, but I've never met a professor as out of touch as Cornhole.

You have witnessed one example with West, the rest is based on real world observation based on attending two different institutes of higher learning a decade apart.
TINS I have to think you are not really standing on firm ground with your position of defending our institutions of higher learning. Your first defense was to accuse me of going after liberal professors When that argument was shredded you go for the "Fox News would agree with you" position. Neither argument has a shred of intellectual honesty. Do you have something to support your position that has some sort of factual basis? After all I have to think you agree that our nation is falling behind competitively. My assertion that this comes from our institutions of higher learning, is not all that far fetched. It is based on real world observation and discussion with many in various fields and businesses as well as what I have witnessed first hand.
If you care to convince me that my position is in error you will have to do better than a pathetic ideological smear campaign.

Benjamin Franklin
11-13-2012, 09:26 AM
(11-13-2012 09:14 AM)NJMaverick Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 08:57 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  Do you have a source for this accusation?

You have witnessed one example with West, the rest is based on real world observation based on attending two different institutes of higher learning a decade apart.
TINS I have to think you are not really standing on firm ground with your position of defending our institutions of higher learning. Your first defense was to accuse me of going after liberal professors When that argument was shredded you go for the "Fox News would agree with you" position. Neither argument has a shred of intellectual honesty. Do you have something to support your position that has some sort of factual basis? After all I have to think you agree that our nation is falling behind competitively. My assertion that this comes from our institutions of higher learning, is not all that far fetched. It is based on real world observation and discussion with many in various fields and businesses as well as what I have witnessed first hand.
If you care to convince me that my position is in error you will have to do better than a pathetic ideological smear campaign.

You made the accusation, now you're asking me to disprove your thesis?

You are suggesting that former professors like Cornell West are responsible for the deterioration of our higher education system. OK, just provide some proof of this, that's all I'm asking. I really don't care about your anecdotal evidence, I'd just like to see some factual basis for your argument. All I'm saying is that Cornell West is a lone wolf ass face who doesn't represent anything more than his inflated ego.

11-13-2012, 09:40 AM
(11-13-2012 09:26 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 09:14 AM)NJMaverick Wrote:  You have witnessed one example with West, the rest is based on real world observation based on attending two different institutes of higher learning a decade apart.

You made the accusation, now you're asking me to disprove your thesis?

You are suggesting that former professors like Cornell West are responsible for the deterioration of our higher education system. OK, just provide some proof of this, that's all I'm asking. I really don't care about your anecdotal evidence, I'd just like to see some factual basis for your argument. All I'm saying is that Cornell West is a lone wolf ass face who doesn't represent anything more than his inflated ego.

West is still an active professor at Princeton not a "former professor" as you claim.

Quote:He is currently a professor of African American Studies at Princeton and of Religious Philosophy and Christian Studies at the Union Theological Seminary in New York.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornel_West

Benjamin Franklin
11-13-2012, 09:57 AM
(11-13-2012 09:40 AM)NJMaverick Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 09:26 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  You made the accusation, now you're asking me to disprove your thesis?

West is still an active professor at Princeton not a "former professor" as you claim.

Quote:He is currently a professor of African American Studies at Princeton and of Religious Philosophy and Christian Studies at the Union Theological Seminary in New York.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornel_West

Well, he's not at Princeton any longer - he retired from there, but you're using this minor detail as an avoidance - answer the main thrust of my question - you're dancing all around the issue here with your "gut feel" argument without putting any meat on the bone.

11-13-2012, 10:31 AM
(11-13-2012 08:57 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 08:37 AM)NJMaverick Wrote:  West represents the out of touch with reality professors that are all too common in our nation's institutions of higher learning. The fact that he is a faux liberal is not really germane to my point.

REALLY?? Didn't know that! All for the best anyway. I don't think he was getting much done, traveling with the "poverty tour."
11-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Just goes to show that the "best" is not necessarily found in the ivy league.
11-13-2012, 01:28 PM

i wasn't aware there was a problem with our nation's institutions of higher learning - except that they're too expensive.
11-13-2012, 01:30 PM
As to the issue Tavis & West address, poverty, there's some merit to the point that Obama hasn't been able to give it full-throated attention. Kind of like climate change. He's doing things to address the problems, kind of biting some chunks out under the radar, but neither issue got a full court press the way health care did.
11-14-2012, 05:15 PM
(11-13-2012 01:30 PM)sandnsea Wrote:  As to the issue Tavis & West address, poverty, there's some merit to the point that Obama hasn't been able to give it full-throated attention. Kind of like climate change. He's doing things to address the problems, kind of biting some chunks out under the radar, but neither issue got a full court press the way health care did.
When you address education, you're addressing poverty. When you address unemployment, you're addressing poverty. When you address health care and insurance, you're addressing poverty. When you address fair wages, you're addressing poverty. I could go on.
11-14-2012, 06:53 PM
(11-14-2012 05:15 PM)Fire1 Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 01:30 PM)sandnsea Wrote:  As to the issue Tavis & West address, poverty, there's some merit to the point that Obama hasn't been able to give it full-throated attention. Kind of like climate change. He's doing things to address the problems, kind of biting some chunks out under the radar, but neither issue got a full court press the way health care did.
When you address education, you're addressing poverty. When you address unemployment, you're addressing poverty. When you address health care and insurance, you're addressing poverty. When you address fair wages, you're addressing poverty. I could go on.

Same with climate change. When you change CAFE standards, you address climate change. When you put money in solar, wind, wave energy, you address climate change. When you put money in retrofitting buildings, you address climate change. I could go on. And yet the climate change people don't think climate change has been addressed.

Your point is kind of my point, but also I think you get more results from a full government focus on an issue.