Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spokesman: House majority leader knew of Petraeus matter in October
11-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Spokesman: House majority leader knew of Petraeus matter in October
(CNN) -- House majority leader Eric Cantor talked to an FBI official in late October about former CIA Director David Petraeus' involvement in an affair, a spokesman for the congressman told CNN Sunday.

Doug Heye said Cantor had a conversation with the whistleblower about the affair and the national security concerns involved in the matter.

The New York Times reported Saturday that on October 31, Cantor's chief of staff phoned the FBI to inform the agency about the call between the congressman and the FBI official. The Times reported Cantor learned of the whistleblower through Rep. Dave Reichert, R-Washington.
===

So how does the actual timeline of the FBI investigation fit with the "something's going on here" conspiracy over Benghazi? It seems a stretch to me. And why was Cantor talking with the woman who went to the FBI? More questions here than answers.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-11-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Spokesman: House majority leader knew of Petraeus matter in October
Even more confusion: Reading other articles it seems the whistleblower that spoke with Cantor was a man, not the woman who received the emails.

So the facts so far are: FBI began the investigation months ago after being contacted by a woman about emails she received from Broadwell, then in October Cantor got involved via Rep. Dave Reichert.

===
More...
===

The identity emerged Sunday of the woman who purportedly received harassing emails from CIA Director David Petraeus’ biographer that eventually led to an FBI investigation, then Petraeus’ resignation.

A senior military official said the woman is a State Department's liaison to the military's Joint Special Operations Command.

The official identified her as 37-year-old Jill Kelley, in Tampa, Fla., according to the Associated Press.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/...z2Bwy4xOqb

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
I read an article that gave me the impression that Petraeus was also having an affair with Jill Kelley. The biographer woman was getting into Petraeus' email to harrass the Kelley woman. My understanding was that Kelley finally complained to someone and that's what led to the investigation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Where do y'all find these articles? I've only read the real blah stuff.

This is getting interesting.
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
What I want to know is why wasn't the National Enquirer on top of this. I mean this is right in their wheelhouse and they let themselves get scooped by the FBI. Heads will roll!

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
11-11-2012, 06:05 PM
The latest from the RWNJ's is that Obama knew and let the head of the CIA stay in office until after the election and now he should be impeached.

11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
(11-11-2012 06:05 PM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  The latest from the RWNJ's is that Obama knew and let the head of the CIA stay in office until after the election and now he should be impeached.

They skip right over the fact that Petraeus is "their guy" and there's no evidence any actual crime has been committed.
11-12-2012, 05:11 PM
I KNEW somehow this was going to be blamed on POTUS. Facepalm
11-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Okay well now I'm reading that the Kelley woman is just a long time family friend who started receiving threatening emails. The other issue is a statement that the reporter made about Benghazi and the CIA having captured terrorists being held at the Annex. I think the gossip in this article is over the top, but the meat is pretty good. It's by Martha Raddatz, I'd guess she's got good sources.

http://news.yahoo.com/holly-petraeus-bey...04700.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user