Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
GOP Faces Steep Climb With Young Voters
11-10-2012, 10:44 AM
GOP Faces Steep Climb With Young Voters
"An exit-poll data point that will surely haunt Mitt Romney and his party in weeks to come: If he had been able to draw half of voters under 30 in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, he would have won those states and the presidency.

The millennial generation — voters ages 18 to 29 — was widely expected to stay home on Election Day, deflated by partisan politics and disappointed by the president they overwhelmingly endorsed four years ago.

Instead, young voters matched their participation rate from 2008, with about 50 percent of eligible voters under 30 casting ballots. More importantly, they actually increased their share of the electorate, from 18 percent in 2008 to 19 percent this year, surpassing the proportion of voters over the age of 65 (17 percent, according to CNN exit polls)."

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-faces-steep-cl...itics.html

Thoughtful responses are the first victims of partisan passions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
RE: GOP Faces Steep Climb With Young Voters
What did R/R offer young people? Cutting Pell grants, killing the Dept of Education, EPA, taking away their healthcare? Young people care about the environment and education.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: GOP Faces Steep Climb With Young Voters
These retail jobs are just not cutting it and young people hurt the most from it. Wtih the construction industry dead, there's really nowhere to go for a job with no college or trade school. I'm surprised the numbers are as high as they are, but grateful too. Looks like us boomers at least didn't screw up on raising our kids!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user