Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greedy Papa John's CEO Will Reduce Workers' Hours In Response To Obamacare
11-10-2012, 12:59 AM
In the wake of President Obama's reelection, one CEO is doubling down on his criticisms of Obamacare.

Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter said he plans on passing the costs of health care reform to his business onto his workers. Schnatter said he will likely reduce workers’ hours, as a result of President Obama's reelection, the Naples News reports. Schnatter made headlines over the summer when he told shareholders that the cost of a Papa John’s pizza will increase by between 11 and 14 cents due to Obamacare.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09...04202.html

[Image: 305584_445706652133469_1050083979_n.jpg]

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Greedy Papa John's CEO Will Reduce Workers' Hours In Response To Obamacare #1 - PoliticalTiger - 11-10-2012, 12:59 AM
[*]
11-10-2012, 03:05 AM
RE: Greedy Papa John's CEO Will Reduce Workers' Hours In Response To Obamacare
Another reminder not to patronize that assclown's chain. Eat local.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 03:33 AM
The CEO of Applebee's-Metro in NYC said that he will have to impose a hiring freeze due to the impending cost of Obamacare.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09...ostpopular

And there is a business owner in Vegas who just laid off about 22 workers (I think that's the number), also due to Obamacare, says he.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08...93369.html

Assholes. They are just looking for excuses to lay people off.

I hope this comes back to bite them in the backside. Specifically, in the pocketbook, as in, fewer employees leads to poorer service which can lead to loss of business.

And, if there is any way that these employees can sue these assholes, I hope they do.

Silence is consent.
11-10-2012, 04:27 AM
‎"Papa" John Schnatter, is such a greedy SOB! Every time I see a commercial for Papa John's all I can think about is what a lousy, cheap dirty excuse for a human being he! He should just change the name of his chain to Greedy John's Pizza? It's more fitting!

Many other companies have provided health insurance for their employees years before the healthcare bill was ever enacted, and they managed to do so and make a profit while doing so, so these gluttonous CEO's who are now crying fowl are full of it and the American people know it!

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
11-10-2012, 09:15 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. All he has to do is raise prices to cover the cost. That's what most companies are doing,passing the cost to the consumer. He is such an idiot and is grandstanding because this is exactly what will happen. He will raise the price just like everyone else. Not a single dollar out of his profits will go to paying for the healthcare bill. We as consumers will pay for it not his profit margins. This is just him show his political leanings.
11-10-2012, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 09:55 AM by Willinois.)
(11-10-2012 09:15 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  I don't see what the big deal is. All he has to do is raise prices to cover the cost. That's what most companies are doing,passing the cost to the consumer. He is such an idiot and is grandstanding because this is exactly what will happen. He will raise the price just like everyone else. Not a single dollar out of his profits will go to paying for the healthcare bill. We as consumers will pay for it not his profit margins. This is just him show his political leanings.

No, I won't pay for it because I won't eat there.

When people who have to spend less on health care start eating out more, will Pappa John's hire more people to meet the increase in demand? I'm guessing they won't turn away customers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Most companies will pass this cost on to the consumers. I don't see how it won't. They have a profit margin they want or need to reach. We would be naive to think other wise. As a business owner there is a margin of profit I must reach to keep my doors open. You add additional cost to me I pass it on the the costumers. Example fuel prices go up so does my bills to my costumers. This is no different. Also if laws aren't changed you will see more companies doing the same as walmart. Less full time and more part time employees. Wal mart should not be an example and not be encouraged to copy their standards.
11-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Their own web site already offers health insurance and other benefits to their part time workers, including drivers. This is BS GOP grandstanding.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
11-10-2012, 10:15 AM
May I speak for many when I say "fuck Papa Johns". I have never and will never buy one of his pizzas and I will tell everyone I know what a miserable human being he is and how terribly he treats his workers.
I feel badly for his employees who will be hurt. My hope is that as the economy continues to improve they can all find better employment elsewhere, and this pizza chain will be dumped on the dust heap of history.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
11-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't eat there anyway. No loss for me!!
11-11-2012, 02:42 PM
[Image: tumblr_mdanscigHV1qb0utmo1_500.jpg]

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
11-11-2012, 03:15 PM
(11-11-2012 02:42 PM)azmouse Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_mdanscigHV1qb0utmo1_500.jpg]

That about says it all.
11-11-2012, 04:20 PM
(11-11-2012 02:42 PM)azmouse Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_mdanscigHV1qb0utmo1_500.jpg]

I don't think it's will cost him .14 per employee, but he will have to raise his prices at least .14 cents per pizza. I could be wrong but that's how I understood it.
11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
So if cheese goes up .14 per pizza will he stop using cheese?

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
11-11-2012, 06:08 PM
(11-11-2012 06:01 PM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  So if cheese goes up .14 per pizza will he stop using cheese?

I thought they quit using cheese years ago.

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
11-11-2012, 07:30 PM
(11-11-2012 06:01 PM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  So if cheese goes up .14 per pizza will he stop using cheese?

Am willing to pay more for every item if it means healthcare for more people. It's the lower income that will have a harder time with the increase but can save more by not having medical bills.