Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breaking News CIA Director Petraeus resigns
11-09-2012, 02:08 PM
CIA Director Petraeus resigns
No link yet. Andrea Mitchell broke the news and letter to POTUS said it was due to extramarital affair.

Tin foil hats in 3,2,1.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
CIA Director Petraeus resigns #1 - Born_A_Truman - 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: CIA Director Petraeus resigns #3 - Peacetrain - 11-09-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: CIA Director Petraeus resigns #4 - SeattleGirl - 11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: CIA Director Petraeus resigns #5 - Velleity - 11-09-2012, 02:43 PM
CIA Director Petraeus resigns #7 - 72ptheriot - 11-09-2012, 03:08 PM
CIA Director Petraeus resigns #8 - 72ptheriot - 11-09-2012, 03:31 PM
OK, I get it. #10 - pappy - 11-09-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: CIA Director Petraeus resigns #11 - jaxx - 11-09-2012, 04:58 PM
CIA Director Petraeus resigns #12 - 72ptheriot - 11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: CIA Director Petraeus resigns #15 - jaxx - 11-09-2012, 06:02 PM
RE: CIA Director Petraeus resigns #16 - jaxx - 11-09-2012, 06:23 PM
RE: CIA Director Petraeus resigns #17 - jaxx - 11-09-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: CIA Director Petraeus resigns #18 - sandnsea - 11-09-2012, 09:10 PM
RE: CIA Director Petraeus resigns #19 - Willinois - 11-10-2012, 09:41 AM
[*]
11-09-2012, 02:10 PM
RE: CIA Director Petraeus resigns
Adding the LINK

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
11-09-2012, 02:36 PM
just listening to the news.. My first instinct, something was about to come out about this otherwise it would have been dealt with quietly.

I wonder if some of the paparazzi got a hold of something and were getting ready to out him?

Thoughtful responses are the first victims of partisan passions.
11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm watching MSNBC and a lot of the people talking are wondering if his resignation has anything to do with Benghazi.

My response to those "wonderers": If there were something to cover up, if Patraeus was trying to cover his ass, don't you think he'd come up with a story other than that he had had an affair??????

Sometimes the obsession of things by the media is just too much!

Silence is consent.
11-09-2012, 02:50 PM
(11-09-2012 02:38 PM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  I'm watching MSNBC and a lot of the people talking are wondering if his resignation has anything to do with Benghazi.

My response to those "wonderers": If there were something to cover up, if Patraeus was trying to cover his ass, don't you think he'd come up with a story other than that he had had an affair??????

Sometimes the obsession of things by the media is just too much!

Exactly. Destroy his 37 year marriage with a lie about an affair. Grasping.

11-09-2012, 02:43 PM
So much for his political career.
11-09-2012, 03:08 PM
I did not have sexual relations with that girl was all he had to say. Didn't he learn anything from the great one.
11-09-2012, 03:31 PM
There new one I heard today was that we warned Iran we will protect our drones but not our consulates.
11-09-2012, 04:45 PM
(11-09-2012 03:31 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  There new one I heard today was that we warned Iran we will protect our drones but not our consulates.

Sounds like you need new friends.

11-09-2012, 04:52 PM
OK, I get it.
[Image: Broadwell__Paula_new.jpg]

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
11-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Leave it to a repub to bring a sex scandal to the Obama administration.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
(11-09-2012 04:45 PM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 03:31 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  There new one I heard today was that we warned Iran we will protect our drones but not our consulates.

Sounds like you need new friends.

A morning zoo show. They think they are funny.
11-09-2012, 05:16 PM
!!!!
The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Paula Broadwell
http://www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Paula Broadwell, a counterterrorism expert who was embedded with his unit in Afghanistan while researching her recent book, “All In: The Education of General David Petraeus.”

11-09-2012, 06:02 PM
<..> The affair was discovered during an FBI investigation, according to officials briefed on the developments. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter. It was unclear what the FBI was investigating or when it became aware of the affair.

Petraeus' resignation shocked Washington's intelligence and political communities. It was a sudden end to the public career of the best-known general of the post 9/11 wars, a man sometimes mentioned as a potential Republican presidential candidate. His service was effusively praised Friday in statements from lawmakers of both parties.

Petraeus, who turned 60 on Wednesday, told CIA employees in a statement that he had met with President Barack Obama at the White House on Thursday and asked to be allowed to resign. On Friday, the president accepted.

<..> For the director of the CIA, being engaged in an extramarital affair is considered a serious breach of security and a counterintelligence threat. If a foreign government had learned of the affair, the reasoning goes, Petraeus or the person with whom he was involved could have been blackmailed or otherwise compromised. Military justice considers conduct such as an extramarital affair to be possible grounds for court martial.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...9-17-32-07

I wonder why the FBI was investigating him.....suppose it'll come out soon.

11-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Petraeus Resigns Over Affair With Biographer
By Fred Kaplan
Posted Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, at 5:26 PM ET

The woman with whom Gen. David Petraeus was having an affair is Paula Broadwell, the author of a recent hagiographic book about him, All In: The Education of General David Petraeus.

Petraeus resigned as CIA director on Friday, citing the affair. In a letter to his staff, Petraeus wrote:

"Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."

<..> It had long been rumored that something was going on between Petraeus and Broadwell. Her book, co-written with Vernon Loeb, is widely regarded as a valentine to the general. When she was embedded with him in Afghanistan, they went on frequent 5-mile runs together. But Petraeus went on 5-mile runs with many reporters, and few people who knew him took the rumors seriously. In his personal life, he’s always been seen as a straight shooter, a square. Few could have imagined that his end would come as the result of a morals scandal.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2...apher.html

You guys already had this figured out. ClapClapClap

11-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Hardball ‏@hardball
NBC’s Richard Engel tells Hardball that Petraeus’ biographer Paula Broadwell being investigated for improperly trying to access his email.

Uh oh, that's bad.

11-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Is she the leaker? That could be why the FBI stumbled across this during an investigation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 09:41 AM
So the FBI was conducting an investigation that lead to them spying on the Director of the CIA? And personal information somehow managed to become public? Apparently Petraeus didn't know the FBI was reading his email?

Looks like they're still making J. Edgar proud. I could are less about someone's affair. I'd like some answers about what the FBI is doing. If they can spy on the director of the CIA and end the career of someone like Petraeus then what can't they do?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I want more details. I am reading the FBI was brought in after she emailed several government employees. Sorry, it is from Fox:

Quote:The investigation began when someone reported suspicious emails allegedly from Broadwell to the FBI. The agency then determined that she allegedly had emailed a number of government employees. The FBI was at one point trying to determine whether any of the employees were being stalked, sources told Fox News.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/...z2BpsVKBNF

Confusing--were the emails using his email account? It isn't clear. If so, wouldn't the emails seem to be coming from him? I'll see if I can find more info.