Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11.9.12 - 'This is not your father's Obama' - Prez presser on fiscal cliff
11-09-2012, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 01:25 PM by janedrake.)
11.9.12 - 'This is not your father's Obama' - Prez presser on fiscal cliff
I couldn't be more happy to see the Prez make crystal clear where he stands re: the 'fiscal cliff negotiations'. It looks to me like 'Second-Term Prez' is nowhere near as patient about tolerating the bad faith antics of McConnell, Boehner, et al. as 'First-term Prez' was. Without further ado:

http://youtu.be/zNRH8X650nQ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-09-2012, 01:32 PM
RE: 11.9.12 - 'This is not your father's Obama' - Prez presser on fiscal cliff
I suspect the Republicans are going to learn to play ball. They really don't have a choice - Obama won the election based on the principals he's described in that speech. Elections have consequences.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
11-09-2012, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 03:08 PM by pappy.)
RE: 11.9.12 - 'This is not your father's Obama' - Prez presser on fiscal cliff
I was struck by the consistency of his message.

Before the election he called for an immediate extension of the tax cuts for incomes below $250,000. Today he firmly repeated that call.

The President also did not back off from his veto threat against any extension of the tax cuts above that $250,000 threshold.

I think he signaled to Boehner and McConnell (and even to the blue dogs) that he expects the bickering to be put aside and get the business of the people done. I think on Monday he will privately give an ultimatum to the Republicans to stand up to their caucus and stick to any deal that might be cut.

Finally I expect to hear allot of tut-tutting from both Republicans Monday given from behind ashen and downcast expressions. They are, after all being called into the Principals office.

No Justice? No Peace!