Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Unmitigated Disaster Known As Project ORCA
11-08-2012, 10:35 PM
The Unmitigated Disaster Known As Project ORCA
Had to share this jewel .... don't miss the comment section.

Come back and comment when you've read this. roflmao

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-08-2012, 11:56 PM
RE: The Unmitigated Disaster Known As Project ORCA
Here is the backstory:

Volunteers of Project Orca will be credentialed poll watchers who will record who votes at their polling place through a smart phone app, preloaded with the registered voters specific to that polling place. The app will already have the early and absentee voters recorded on it to allow the Romney legal team to contest votes from those early and often voters. The information will be relayed directly to Gov. Romney at the war room in Boston, which he will use to make tactical decisions based on the data that is sent back. If there is a low turnout in an area where Romney should be winning, they will start the robo calls in that area and other get-out-the-vote tactics. Project Orca data will be linked in with the Romney phone-from-home program and victory centers. Election Day volunteers will be able to use the Project Orca data to focus on calling the pro-Romney voters who haven’t voted yet, which means no more wasting time and resources on people that have already voted. Too often, political campaigns have a lack of information on polling day to know how to most effectively spend time and resources to getting out the vote. Project Orca will be feeding from on the ground poll watchers to accurately know who has voted and allow the Romney campaign to maximize turnout on all fronts.

===

Sort of like a wizard! Only it failed miserably.

Smaller-Simpler-Smarter

roflmaoroflmaoroflmao

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
11-09-2012, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 12:01 AM by janedrake.)
Thanks for sussing this out, Born. I feel somewhat vindicated now about having earlier posted this:

http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/sh...?tid=20399

The EPIC FAIL just keeps coming. But still, for this level of ineptitude, Romney got way too close. And just think, even after everything the OP in the piece went through, he still went out and voted for the ringleader of this ineptitude -- Romney.
11-09-2012, 12:26 AM
(11-09-2012 12:00 AM)janedrake Wrote:  Thanks for sussing this out, Born. I feel somewhat vindicated now about having earlier posted this:

http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/sh...?tid=20399

The EPIC FAIL just keeps coming. But still, for this level of ineptitude, Romney got way too close. And just think, even after everything the OP in the piece went through, he still went out and voted for the ringleader of this ineptitude -- Romney.

He's a con man plain and simple. But you're right--and that's why many of the comments in that thread are a riot. It was a huge clusterfuck from beginning to end--thankfully not one the American people will have to endure for 4 years.

Just picturing him sitting in his "war room" waiting for him to strategize his Victory, all the while his super dooper magical app Orca was beached somewhere in the Caymans. roflmao

11-09-2012, 12:04 AM
All I can say is:

roflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmao

Silence is consent.
11-09-2012, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 12:23 AM by janedrake.)
Loved this comment:

Quote:#71 Did I mention that at 5:40am OFA had their person there, with a chair, with a huge sign to answer questions about provisional ballots. When the poll didn't open at 6am on the dot, the OFA person was calling at 6:01am, and actually talking to a live person.

Donkey
11-09-2012, 12:27 AM
I have to say I like this one the best, (although I do know how important GOTV is. My own son didn't know where his drop box was and I got him to put his ballot in at 6 pm.)

ORCA SHMORCA. Everyone knew there was an election and who was on the ballot. If some people on our side decided not to show up it means they don't give a fuck. The other side won. The end.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Quote:I was at the Boston Command Center. You're right, the system did go down. We had such an influx of calls that Microsoft thought the Boston Garden was being hacked and shut it down for a while until it could get straightened out.

roflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmao

Whodathunkit?

Meanwhile, on election day I got an email from OFA asking me to make three phone calls to GOTV. I hate making phone calls but WTH, I wasn't that busy for a change because I was done with my political accounts (9 of 10 of my candidates won--all Dems!!!) and so I clicked the link. Seconds later it said it was loading my database. Up comes the name and phone number I was to call (Wisconsin, BTW) and a script and info they wanted me to input during and after the call. It was amazing! I did my three calls in a few minutes and was done.