Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Romney Shellshocked at Loss
11-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Screwy Romney Shellshocked at Loss
Mitt Romney was "shellshocked" at losing the presidential race, an adviser tells CBS News.

"They thought intensity and enthusiasm were on their side this time -- poll after poll showed Republicans were more motivated to vote than Democrats - and that would translate into votes for Romney. As a result, they believed the public/media polls were skewed -- they thought those polls oversampled Democrats and didn't reflect Republican enthusiasm. They based their own internal polls on turnout levels more favorable to Romney. That was a grave miscalculation, as they would see on election night."

Said the adviser: "We went into the evening confident we had a good path to victory. I don't think there was one person who saw this coming. ( :o )"

Another staffer added: "There's nothing worse than when you think you're going to win, and you don't. It was like a sucker punch."

... http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/1..._loss.html

Wow, they really WERE delusional - this is totally bizarre.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Screwy Romney Shellshocked at Loss #1 - There Is No Spoon - 11-08-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #2 - pappy - 11-08-2012, 04:06 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #3 - janedrake - 11-08-2012, 04:11 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #4 - azmouse - 11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #5 - Born_A_Truman - 11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #6 - cannae1 - 11-08-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #7 - sandnsea - 11-08-2012, 10:01 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #8 - SeattleGirl - 11-08-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #9 - Brewman_Jax - 11-09-2012, 12:23 AM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #10 - jaxx - 11-09-2012, 07:13 AM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #11 - pappy - 11-09-2012, 08:41 AM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #12 - sandnsea - 11-09-2012, 05:50 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #13 - SeattleGirl - 11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss #14 - jaxx - 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
[*]
11-08-2012, 04:06 PM
RE: Romney Shellshocked at Loss
Clinton was right. It's the arithmetic, stupid.

No Justice? No Peace!
11-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Romney tried to present himself as the more pragmatic candidate -- and was the most disconnected from reality of all. The rest of us could plainly see it -- but not Republicans.
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Facepalm
sheesh... you'd think at least one of Willard's advisors would have watched a real news channel ( anything not called Fox) or checked out an election website (fivethirtyeight, anyone?).
That would have informed him that he didn't have the chance of a snowball in hell.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I can't find my violin. This is what happens when you believe your own bullshit. Romney shellshocked. Ryan stunned. Ann crying. Boo fucking hoo Ann. You can't expect to buy the office of the president. The American voters gave you the same treatment you have given others: you're fired. At least you still have money and healthcare which is more than Sensata workers have.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
11-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Massive self deception.
Anyone with critical distance knew that Obama was going to win.

I am sure many thought that they would win: Thomas Dewey: Charles E Hughes, etc. Romney does merit a dollop of pity.
11-08-2012, 10:01 PM
George Bush wasn't even stupid enough to believe his own lies. They Lie. They know they lie. Who forgot to tell Mitt Romney?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2012, 10:08 PM
(11-08-2012 10:01 PM)sandnsea Wrote:  George Bush wasn't even stupid enough to believe his own lies. They Lie. They know they lie. Who forgot to tell Mitt Romney?

Even if they had told him, I don't think it would have sunk in with Romney. He's an entitled rich white guy who also believes in the Mormon prophesy about how the Mormons will run the US -- I think he felt there was no way he could lose.

Silence is consent.
11-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Seriously? They are that delusional and out of touch. The only reason Full-of-Mitt was the GOP choice was because he was less batshit crazy than his opponents. That is nothing to be proud of or believe that total victory was possible.
11-09-2012, 07:13 AM
I am getting a kick out of the GOP blame game.....it was Dem voter suppression, it was Orcha, it was Chris Christie and that damned Sandy......never was it Willard lying to the people on a daily basis. They had a monumentally flawed candidate...rich isn't better.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
11-09-2012, 08:41 AM
(11-09-2012 07:13 AM)jaxx Wrote:  I am getting a kick out of the GOP blame game.....it was Dem voter suppression, it was Orcha, it was Chris Christie and that damned Sandy......never was it Willard lying to the people on a daily basis. They had a monumentally flawed candidate...rich isn't better.

Monumentally flawed candidate with a monumentally flawed campaign staff for a monumentally flawed party with a monumentally flawed message.

What could possibly go wrong.

No Justice? No Peace!
11-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Shellshocked? I wonder if it's because they believed that Mormon white horse prophecy thing and trusted in a miracle to win this for them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
(11-09-2012 05:50 PM)sandnsea Wrote:  Shellshocked? I wonder if it's because they believed that Mormon white horse prophecy thing and trusted in a miracle to win this for them.

I bet that was a big part of it, sandnsea. That, and because Romney has more money than god.

Silence is consent.
11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Willard can't believe he lost.

[Image: A7S-DMMCYAEzb-j.png]

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.