Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
A Christian's Rant.. freedom from the shackles of extreme rightists.
11-08-2012, 02:10 PM
A Christian's Rant.. freedom from the shackles of extreme rightists.
Smell that wonderful fresh air blowing in the window.. feel those shackles of hate being cut from the ankles of imprisoned Christians across the country.. It is amazing.

One of the biggest lies ever told... was that the right had some type of Christian preference. That the uber wealthy were the chosen of God. That was why they were uber wealthy.

It was and is a lie.

The preference in the the bible.. is the preference for the poor. No matter how hard the right tried to tie Christians up in knots about that ..

God does not rain down pain and suffering on one group, culture, sex, sexual preference, color, country, continent.. etc etc.. to make others feel somehow entitled and that they are benefiting because they are somehow smiled on as the chosen.

God gives us free will.. We have the free will to lift up those around us who are suffering..

The right, especially under the least Christian president I can think of, Ronald Reagan who did not bother to go to church. (not that makes you a good Christian, the church is a gift to the individual to find support.. not a place of attendance that after 50 punches in your card you get a free night at Gods Lodge)used this as a way to target a voting block.

But just as we Democrats use math and targeting to get our people out to vote.. the right tried to use GOD and the church.. scaring and confusing many people who have no idea what their belief system really teaches..

This has been done enumerable times over the centuries.. A group, even groups that take power in the church hierarchy try to use teachings of tolerance to be intolerant.. teachings of caring for your brother or sister as spoken by Christ as demonic, communistic.. etc etc.. denying 3 times before the cock crows the truth of the Christian teachings

And Christians get pushed into a corner by others who can see these people using teachings to subjugate others means all people who profess to be Christians are liars an charlatans. As a Christan you get it from fall sides..

But Karl Rove, Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter etc etc.. who have tried to use the Christian community to promote their politics.. It is over ..

The only thing committed Christians can do is be true to the teachings of Christ.. preference for the poor. love of your brother or sister as yourself..

We are all responsible for how we treat others.. Because God is in all of us.. that is what I believe. When you demean and take rights away from others.. you demean God..

Those on the far right who work so hard to section off groups as the haves and have nots.. you FAILED once again.. just as you will also fail

I do not believe God is a guy with a long white beard.. (that would be Zeus )

I believe that the spirit that unites us all as one body is God.. we are all a part of God, all the children of God.. no matter what our religion or no religion..We are spiritually one organism.. and we owe to one another kindness, understanding and a helping hand when needed. I have my moments also.. Sometimes I get so aggravated smoke comes out my ears.. but I breathe in and out.. and center back to that which defines me.. and for me that is Christianity.. And as a Christian, it is knowing there is more than one path to recognizing the GOD in all of us..

To the right.. you cannot have my religion to try and negate the goodness that is in all of us.. I will always always fight for my beliefs that I am my brothers keeper..

Thoughtful responses are the first victims of partisan passions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-08-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: A Christian's Rant.. freedom from the shackles of extreme rightists.
Nothing to disagree with in that sermon. Thanks!

No Justice? No Peace!
11-09-2012, 09:21 AM
(11-08-2012 02:36 PM)pappy Wrote:  Nothing to disagree with in that sermon. Thanks!

Ha.. yep it was a bit of a sermon there Wink

11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:I believe that the spirit that unites us all as one body is God.. we are all a part of God, all the children of God.. no matter what our religion or no religion..We are spiritually one organism.. and we owe to one another kindness, understanding and a helping hand when needed. I have my moments also.. Sometimes I get so aggravated smoke comes out my ears.. but I breathe in and out.. and center back to that which defines me.. and for me that is Christianity.. And as a Christian, it is knowing there is more than one path to recognizing the GOD in all of us.

Your whole piece is wonderful, peacetrain, but I especially like the part quoted above. While I am not religious and am no longer sure I believe in God, I do look at life in the way you describe above.

My maternal great-grandmother was a very religious woman, and she used to read the Bible to me when I was a child. The Christianity she taught me about was about love, kindness, acceptance, compassion, and looking out for and reaching out to others, especially those who had less than I did or who had a weight on their shoulders that I might, in some small way, help to lessen.

The "Christianity" that so many on the right espouse at this time is nothing like what I learned, and is nothing like I believe it is at its core.

Silence is consent.
11-09-2012, 09:23 AM
(11-08-2012 05:10 PM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  
Quote:I believe that the spirit that unites us all as one body is God.. we are all a part of God, all the children of God.. no matter what our religion or no religion..We are spiritually one organism.. and we owe to one another kindness, understanding and a helping hand when needed. I have my moments also.. Sometimes I get so aggravated smoke comes out my ears.. but I breathe in and out.. and center back to that which defines me.. and for me that is Christianity.. And as a Christian, it is knowing there is more than one path to recognizing the GOD in all of us.

Your whole piece is wonderful, peacetrain, but I especially like the part quoted above. While I am not religious and am no longer sure I believe in God, I do look at life in the way you describe above.

My maternal great-grandmother was a very religious woman, and she used to read the Bible to me when I was a child. The Christianity she taught me about was about love, kindness, acceptance, compassion, and looking out for and reaching out to others, especially those who had less than I did or who had a weight on their shoulders that I might, in some small way, help to lessen.

The "Christianity" that so many on the right espouse at this time is nothing like what I learned, and is nothing like I believe it is at its core.

Thank you seattle.. I call my spirituality GOD.. others call it just being a decent person to the fellow man and woman.. but one thing for sure.. good bad and ugly.. we are all connected

11-09-2012, 09:37 AM
(11-09-2012 09:23 AM)Peacetrain Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 05:10 PM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  Your whole piece is wonderful, peacetrain, but I especially like the part quoted above. While I am not religious and am no longer sure I believe in God, I do look at life in the way you describe above.

Thank you seattle.. I call my spirituality GOD.. others call it just being a decent person to the fellow man and woman.. but one thing for sure.. good bad and ugly.. we are all connected

And I am happy to keep up the bad and ugly part of the equation!

No Justice? No Peace!
11-09-2012, 10:03 AM
That's Calvinist philosophy that says that the rich are rich because they're blessed. Too bad they don't spend more time listening to Jesus.
11-09-2012, 02:37 PM
(11-09-2012 10:03 AM)Brewman_Jax Wrote:  That's Calvinist philosophy that says that the rich are rich because they're blessed. Too bad they don't spend more time listening to Jesus.

Ah yep.. right to the point Brewman