Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fired because Obama won
11-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Fired because Obama won
From Raw Story

Quote:A business owner in Las Vegas on Wednesday told a CBS radio station that he had fired 22 of his 114 “mostly Hispanic” employees because President Barack Obama had won re-election.

[....]

“And I explained that I always put them first and, unfortunately, I’m at a point now — and am being forced to — that I have to worry about me and my family now,” he continued. “I explained to them a month ago, if Obama gets in office, the regulations for Obamacare are going to hurt our business, and I am going to have to make provision to make sure that I have enough money to cover payroll taxes, the additional health care I’m going to have to do. And I explained that to them, and I said, ‘You do what you feel you need to do, but I’m just letting you know this as a warning that this is things I have to think of as a business owner.’”

David noted that he had “mostly Hispanic” employees and some had come to work wearing Obama shirts on election day.

[....]

“I don’t need the labor force coming down saying I laid people off because they are Hispanic, I don’t need the headache. We are in a right-to-work state, but I did inform people that I would possibly had to be making layoffs. I did make the notification 30 days ago. I followed the laws.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1sB4T)

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Fired because Obama won #1 - pappy - 11-08-2012, 09:15 AM
RE: Fired because Obama won #2 - jaxx - 11-08-2012, 09:39 AM
[*]
11-08-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Fired because Obama won
(11-08-2012 09:15 AM)pappy Wrote:  From Raw Story

Quote:A business owner in Las Vegas on Wednesday told a CBS radio station that he had fired 22 of his 114 “mostly Hispanic” employees because President Barack Obama had won re-election.

[....]

“And I explained that I always put them first and, unfortunately, I’m at a point now — and am being forced to — that I have to worry about me and my family now,” he continued. “I explained to them a month ago, if Obama gets in office, the regulations for Obamacare are going to hurt our business, and I am going to have to make provision to make sure that I have enough money to cover payroll taxes, the additional health care I’m going to have to do. And I explained that to them, and I said, ‘You do what you feel you need to do, but I’m just letting you know this as a warning that this is things I have to think of as a business owner.’”

David noted that he had “mostly Hispanic” employees and some had come to work wearing Obama shirts on election day.

[....]

“I don’t need the labor force coming down saying I laid people off because they are Hispanic, I don’t need the headache. We are in a right-to-work state, but I did inform people that I would possibly had to be making layoffs. I did make the notification 30 days ago. I followed the laws.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1sB4T)

What a rat. Tried to coerce their vote and then fired them for not getting in line. They should still have legal recourse for getting fired for no reason.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top