Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm so ready to hear some results.
11-06-2012, 05:38 PM
It's starting to feel like Christmas morning as a little kid, with a pile of beautifully wrapped presents under the tree. You just know there will be some great toys to enjoy for years to come (the states that go for Obama), but you also know at least one of the boxes will have underwear (the states that go to Willard) that you'll toss aside the way Ralphie and Randy do in A Christmas Story.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: I'm so ready to hear some results.
Me too, I'm nervous.

No Justice? No Peace!
11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I can't wait to hear that Scott Brown is unemployed

Cool
11-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Right now, as of 7:10pm, Romney is ahead, with 19 electoral votes to Obama's 3 - Romney won Kentucky and Indiana, Obama won Vermont, but nothing surprising there. Bernie Sanders did win his reelection bid in Vermont, which I think was also expected.

Probably at the top of the hour we'll get some more interesting numbers (I hope!).

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
11-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Florida
Right now in Florida, the good news is Obama is ahead 54.7% of the vote to Romney's 44.7% - the bad news is that's from only 0.03 of precincts reporting.

Polls close at 7:30 in most of Florida except in parts of the panhandle where they close at 8:00, and I suspect with the long lines people will be voting well into the night because if you are in line when the polls close you still get to vote, as long as you stay in line.

the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
11-06-2012, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 07:17 PM by PoliticalTiger.)
Democrat Bill Nelson reelected in Florida!

According to MSNBC, Obama ahead in Hillsborough County (Tampa), which he carried in 2008, and which is a good sign - but it's still early.

TPM reports Romney at 50.6% and Obama at 48.6% in FL with 17.7% reporting (8:15pm), still way to early to call.

11-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Talking Points Memo has real time coverage of results: http://elections.talkingpointsmemo.com/?ref=fpb

11-06-2012, 07:29 PM
(11-06-2012 06:32 PM)PoliticalTiger Wrote:  Talking Points Memo has real time coverage of results: http://elections.talkingpointsmemo.com/?ref=fpb

Good link! I was hoping to find one like this.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
(11-06-2012 05:38 PM)azmouse Wrote:  It's starting to feel like Christmas morning as a little kid, with a pile of beautifully wrapped presents under the tree. You just know there will be some great toys to enjoy for years to come (the states that go for Obama), but you also know at least one of the boxes will have underwear (the states that go to Willard) that you'll toss aside the way Ralphie and Randy do in A Christmas Story.

Lets hope it a red rider BB gun and not a bunny suit for your aunt. Love that movie. Do the right thing Ohio vote Obama.
11-06-2012, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 06:46 PM by pappy.)
Cuyahoga Cty. Early result
O/B 176000
R/R 72000

corrected O/B # up from 173000

No Justice? No Peace!
11-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Feel free to start separate threads for various winning announcements. I'd hate for good news to get lost on this one thread. Wave

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
11-06-2012, 07:22 PM
I can't wait to get past these red states (Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina) that we know are going R/R.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama