Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Half Full
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Half Full
I don't think if Romney did win, I don't think her change anything on abortion. I also don't think if Obama wins he will come and take my guns away. Maybe I'm just trying not to worry to much. I don't want to think someone could be that evil and ban abortions. I also don't want to believe the right with all their hate and fear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Half Full #1 - 72ptheriot - 11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
RE: Half Full #2 - PoliticalTiger - 11-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Half Full #3 - 72ptheriot - 11-05-2012, 07:56 PM
RE: Half Full #5 - PoliticalTiger - 11-05-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Half Full #6 - There Is No Spoon - 11-05-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Half Full #4 - jaxx - 11-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Half Full #7 - 72ptheriot - 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: Half Full #8 - sandnsea - 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Half Full #9 - 72ptheriot - 11-05-2012, 10:20 PM
RE: Half Full #10 - sandnsea - 11-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Half Full #11 - 72ptheriot - 11-05-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: Half Full #12 - There Is No Spoon - 11-05-2012, 11:44 PM
[*]
11-05-2012, 07:34 PM
RE: Half Full
If Romney wins, he will get the chance to appoint at least one, maybe two new justices to the Supreme Court, and it they who will decide if abortion remains legal in this country. We know the 4 right wing judges on the court will ban abortion first chance they get, while the 4 liberal judges will protect a woman's right to choose - then there's Anthony Kennedy, the "swing vote" on this issue who has vote pro-choice, but he's 76 years old, and liberal judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg is almost 80 years old, so, if either one of them retires and Romney gets to replace one or both of them, women can kiss their right to choice goodbye.

In fact, the #1 reason to elect Obama is the Supreme Court, because whoever is the next president will, like I said, probably have the chance to appoint at least two new justices to the court, maybe more, and that will not only affect women's right to choose, but women's rights in general, not to mention worker's rights, gay rights, civil liberties, separation of church and state, etc.

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
11-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Half Full
Will he come after my guns?
11-05-2012, 09:26 PM
(11-05-2012 07:56 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  Will he come after my guns?

Obama? No. Nor can he. We have the 2nd Amendment, and even the Supreme Court can't overturn that. Obama couldn't "take away" your guns even if he wanted to, he doesn't make laws, that's the job of Congress, and the chances of Congress coming together and passing a law that somehow restricts gun ownership is 0%.

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
11-05-2012, 09:26 PM
(11-05-2012 07:56 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  Will he come after my guns?

Where did you get that moronic idea from anyway?

You say you're a Democrat, then you come here talking right-wing hogwash talking points.

Nobody is taking mine and nobody is taking yours. Period. End of Sentence. End of discussion.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
11-05-2012, 09:19 PM
(11-05-2012 04:24 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  I don't think if Romney did win, I don't think her change anything on abortion. I also don't think if Obama wins he will come and take my guns away. Maybe I'm just trying not to worry to much. I don't want to think someone could be that evil and ban abortions. I also don't want to believe the right with all their hate and fear.

Willard would take away abortion rights as fast as he could get the lawyers to the SCOTUS. Don't delude yourself, the GOP has made that perfectly clear...idiots.

I think you should worry about your precious guns. Maybe the NRA will get Willard to declare personhood upon them and then you wouldn't be able to shoot them because if you hurt a gun you've broken the NRA's heart and go to prison for harming a gunperson. Obama wouldn't take your dear sweet guns, he's all about rights. But beware of Willard....he'd do it. He doesn't worry about rights, he only likes money.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
11-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Half Full
These are the things the right uses against Obama in the south. That's what I'm saying is I don't believe in these things and they are just fear based scare tactics. I think I both cases the uprising would be so great it couldn't get passed. I am married and know the wrath of an angry women. Romney wouldn't stand a chance. This is a red state and the scare tactics are used to keep it that way. We should fight to debunk these things to make some progress in the south.
11-05-2012, 10:14 PM
(11-05-2012 09:56 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  These are the things the right uses against Obama in the south. That's what I'm saying is I don't believe in these things and they are just fear based scare tactics. I think I both cases the uprising would be so great it couldn't get passed. I am married and know the wrath of an angry women. Romney wouldn't stand a chance. This is a red state and the scare tactics are used to keep it that way. We should fight to debunk these things to make some progress in the south.

What's stopping you? The south doesn't accept any "yankees" telling them anything.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Half Full
I'm not crooked enough to run here. You steal a little you go to jail, you steal a lot you get elected to a local office. Big oil runs the state. Just look at Mary Landrieu's voting record. She is a drill baby drill.
11-05-2012, 11:03 PM
(11-05-2012 10:20 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  I'm not crooked enough to run here. You steal a little you go to jail, you steal a lot you get elected to a local office. Big oil runs the state. Just look at Mary Landrieu's voting record. She is a drill baby drill.

Crooked enough. There you go again. Always the negative political stereotypes.

Yeah, Mary Landrieu votes for oil. Because people like YOU won't stand up for change, if that's what you really want the way you say you do. It doesn't happen with a magic wand.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Half Full
I was talking about the right being crooked here. Mary was just showing how strong oil corp is here. Besides for her oil votes. She has been a great asset in Washington.
11-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Landreiu is love, peace and contentment

[Image: 5034466128_f287a2fb53.jpg]

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous