Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why I am voting for Barack Obama
11-04-2012, 08:38 AM
By Sally Kohn
Published November 02, 2012

<..> Individuals all over the eastern seaboard are pitching in and helping out their neighbors, but crises like these are bigger than individuals alone can address. That is why, in their infinite wisdom, our Founding Fathers founded a nation, the way we pool our resources for the common good. And this is why I will vote for President Obama, the only candidate who will ensure that in moments like this, in moments of great crisis and need, our government is strong and effective and ready to respond.

<..> Yes, I am voting for President Obama because of what he has achieved. When President Obama took office, the country was losing 800,000 jobs per month. Under his leadership, the economy has created 5.2 million private sector jobs — still not as many as we need, but unquestionable progress getting us out of the hole Republican policies dug us into. And the president saved America’s auto industry and the jobs of over a million autoworkers.

<..> But I am also voting for Barack Obama because of what he believes. John Adams wrote, “Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men.” Barack Obama believes government can’t solve every problem but is not the source of all our problems either. America is still a great nation to start a business and raise a family because America is a nation — because we pull together for the common good, because we are more than the sum of our parts.

<..> And when disaster strikes, whether it’s the storms of nature or poverty or a terrorist attack, President Obama will ensure our government is there not to get in the way but to help. Through the most trying of times, from when the walls of Wall Street came crashing down to when our forces crashed through the walls of Abbottabad, President Obama has been a strong leader for a strong nation — upholding the very best of our values and offering the best promise for our future. I hope you will join me in support President Barack Obama on November 6th.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/0...ack-obama/

Reallllllllly good endorsement by Sally Kohn. ClapClapClap

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Why I am voting for Barack Obama #1 - jaxx - 11-04-2012, 08:38 AM
[*]