Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Republican ballot tampering reported in Oregon
11-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Republican ballot tampering reported in Oregon
Quote:http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/no...in-oregon/

PORTLAND – Authorities said Friday they were investigating suspected ballot tampering by an election worker in one of Oregon’s most populous counties.

Clackamas County Clerk Sherry Hall said a criminal violation of election law was uncovered by her office Wednesday and reported to the secretary of state’s Elections Division.

Hall declined to identify the worker or describe the specific nature of the violation.

The Willamette Week newspaper reported the election worker filled in Republican bubbles on ballots where preferences had been left empty by voters in the county, which primarily comprises Portland suburbs.

A person with knowledge of the investigation said Willamette Week accurately described the incident. The person was not authorized to discuss the matter and spoke to the Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

Of course... Republicans cheating. I wish I was surprised but I'm not.

I think what may be needed is a "none of the above" or "not voting for this office or proposition" option on a ballot. Just have something that shows the person whose ballot it is was aware of the chance to vote for that ballot item but chose not to, so that any attempt to fill in that ballot option by an election worker would be taken away.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-03-2012, 12:25 PM
RE: Republican ballot tampering reported in Oregon
Desperate republicans are coming out of the woodwork. Arrest them and throw them in jail.
There is no excuse for tampering with votes.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Oooh, grrr, person needs to go to jail. Ballots all across the country don't have "not voted" spots. One person breaking the law doesn't mean the process is broken, it means the person needs to go to jail.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2012, 01:31 PM
I am so sick of this! Hey Republicans, instead of trying to stop people from voting, why don't you stop hating and focus on seeing if you can come up with good ideas that would benefit everyone, or as many people as possible, and present those ideas?

Oh, never mind......

Silence is consent.