Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The truth on a RW lie about non-union utility crews
11-03-2012, 11:43 AM
The truth on a RW lie about non-union utility crews
Quote:Non-union utility crews from out of state can work in N.J., power companies say

The president and business manager of Hightstown-based Local 94 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Chip Gerrity, also said it would be foolish to favor one set of workers over another after the devastation to the electric infrastructure.

“I want union guys first, obviously,” Gerrity said. “But with an event like this you want everybody you can get.”

Three Alabama utilities were initially mentioned by a Huntsville (Ala.) television station in a story this morning that said non-union crews were turned aside.

One of those, Trinity, Ala.-based Joe Wheeler, was never in New Jersey and is unionized, its CEO, George Kitchens, said this morning.

Eight Wheeler workers were instead dispatched to Maryland before the storm hit, a company spokeswoman, Mandi Phillips, said.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11...elcom.html

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-03-2012, 11:54 AM
RE: The truth on a RW lie about non-union utility crews
It's always good to see the rightwing propaganda put in it's place. I suppose they thought they could stir up some shit since Christie and Obama were the adults and worked together.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top