• 0 Votes - 0 Average
9 Illinois counties to consider concealed carry
11-03-2012, 10:57 AM
DAVID MERCER, Associated Press
Updated 8:43 a.m., Saturday, November 3, 2012

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) —
<..> Gun-rights advocates in at least nine mostly rural counties have placed measures on ballots asking voters if they want Illinois to allow its residents to carry concealed weapons. Currently, it is the last U.S. state where it's entirely illegal.

<..> In addition to Henry County, the concealed weapons measures are on ballots in nearby McDonough, Mercer, Rock Island and Warren counties, Adams and Schuyler counties in western Illinois, Bond County in the south-central part of the state, and Stephenson County along the Wisconsin state line.

<..> While there may be strong support in some areas outside Chicago, it isn't universal. State Rep. Naomi Jakobsson, a Democrat whose district includes most of Champaign and Urbana, says she polled constituents about a year and a half ago and found that two-thirds didn't want concealed weapons to be legalized.

But in the race for central Illinois' 15th Congressional District — a largely rural area but including Jakobsson's state House district and the University of Illinois — both Republican Rodney Davis and Democrat David Gill say Illinois residents should be able to carry guns, even on college campuses.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/9-Ill...ource=t.co

Several of these counties are very close to me and I sure as hell don't want people toting guns around.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-03-2012, 12:01 PM
RE: 9 Illinois counties to consider concealed carry
How the hell could that work on a county by county basis? In some places you could be legal on one side of the street but illegal if you cross the street.

Makes no sense to me.

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
11-03-2012, 12:11 PM
(11-03-2012 12:01 PM)pappy Wrote:  How the hell could that work on a county by county basis? In some places you could be legal on one side of the street but illegal if you cross the street.

Makes no sense to me.

They can't change the law. I look it as a coercion vote to scare the reps in the IL state house into buckling under to the NRA.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
11-03-2012, 01:26 PM
They got the district wrong. Gill and Davis are running in 13. Interesting article though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user