Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Small smiles
11-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Small smiles
Seeing as how I can't go door to door, I get to hang out at the OFA office and do the data entry when the canvassers report in. And now and then they report things that, well, they weren't asking about. Nothing huge, just enough to bring an occasional and very welcome smile when the day is growing weary.

Got two of those tonight. The first one came with a scrawled notation on the walk sheet; an address was noted as inaccesible due to a dog in the yard, described as a "very small, but very crazy dog." The canvassers were two rather burly veterans who chuckled when they pointed out the note.

The second brought the thought that there should be some kind of medal for canvassers who manage to keep a straight face when a guffaw is clearly called for. To be sure, canvassers and phone bankers get their share of rude responses. Toward the end of this campaign many voters are beyond annoyed at the barrage of phone calls and door knocks, tempers are getting shorter. One woman snapped that she was so sick of it all that she'd thrown her ballot in the trash; but before she slammed the door she finished with, "It doesn't matter, anyway. I was going to vote for Romney!"

Oops.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Small smiles #1 - madamesilverspurs - 11-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Smiles #2 - Hekate - 11-03-2012, 12:37 AM
[*]
11-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Smiles
Love Ya Thank you for sharing -- and volunteering!

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top