Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Woman registering voters, works for the County Clerk’s office but only registering Ro
09-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Shocked Woman registering voters, works for the County Clerk’s office but only registering Ro
Woman registering voters, works for the County Clerk’s office but only registering Romney voters
September 23, 2012
By Anomaly

Registration efforts are underway in most states, mainly becoming more significant since Voter ID laws took center stage, in order to disenfranchise minorities, who largely vote for Democrats. In this video, you’ll see a young woman outside of a Safeway grocery store in El Paso County, Colorado, registering voters — unfortunately, a savvy shopper videotaped the meeting. The young lady is only registering Romney voters and she claims she’s paid by the County Clerk’s Office.

Safeway voter registration 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...dk55dLsFhc
Published on Sep 21, 2012 by golddiggermom
El Paso County, Colorado employee Voter Registration

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, is the fundy capitol of the country! This is outrageous.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Shocked Woman registering voters, works for the County Clerk’s office but only registering Ro #1 - jaxx - 09-23-2012, 12:28 PM
[*]
09-23-2012, 12:57 PM
RE: Woman registering voters, works for the County Clerk’s office but only registering Ro
If this is happening in one location, I have no doubt it's happening in many.
Outrageous.

Makes me wonder if that young woman throws Democratic registrations away. The woman taping that should have looked in the trash containers nearby.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
09-23-2012, 12:59 PM
RE: Woman registering voters, works for the County Clerk’s office but only registering Ro
The voter questioning the young lady sounds like she may be a senior - go, seniors!!

In some fairness to the young lady, she may not know who she's actually working for -- but she obviously has instructions from whomever to only register Republicans... I'm glad this was captured on video.
09-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I sent a tweet to the paper in Colorado Springs and they tweeted back they were going to contact the county clerk.
We'll see.

09-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Great job, Jaxx!
09-23-2012, 01:19 PM
(09-23-2012 01:06 PM)janedrake Wrote:  Great job, Jaxx!

Thanks. This voter suppression crap makes me furious. It's one of the worst things to happen to the people in this country.

09-23-2012, 04:11 PM
In 2008 when I registered voters up here we had signs that said we were the Democratic Party and we registered all voters, not just Democrats.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
I heard back from the Gazette by tweet and they wrote this piece on what happened. The girl did NOT work for the county clerk, which I am very glad to hear. Anyway, good job by the paper!!!

YouTube video spurs voter registration flap
September 23, 2012 3:50 PM
TOM ROEDER
The Gazette

A shaky YouTube video of a voter registration effort outside a Colorado Springs grocery store led the county's elections boss to clarify Sunday that campaign volunteers aren’t on the government payroll.

The incident caught on video shows an encounter between a patron and a young female volunteer who was apparently working to make sure voters backing Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made it to the polls. The problem: The young woman, after some head-scratching, says her work to boost the GOP turnout is funded by the county clerk.

<..> The confusion, for volunteers and would-be voters, is that while parties are pushing for the registrations, the paperwork that’s filled out winds up in the Clerk’s Office to be certified, Williams said.

He thinks that’s why the unidentified volunteer on the video said she was working for the county clerk.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/voter-14...ation.html

09-23-2012, 09:14 PM
(09-23-2012 08:20 PM)jaxx Wrote:  I heard back from the Gazette by tweet and they wrote this piece on what happened. The girl did NOT work for the county clerk, which I am very glad to hear. Anyway, good job by the paper!!!

TOM ROEDER
The Gazette

A shaky YouTube video of a voter registration effort outside a Colorado Springs grocery store led the county's elections boss to clarify Sunday that campaign volunteers aren’t on the government payroll.

The incident caught on video shows an encounter between a patron and a young female volunteer who was apparently working to make sure voters backing Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made it to the polls. The problem: The young woman, after some head-scratching, says her work to boost the GOP turnout is funded by the county clerk.

<..> The confusion, for volunteers and would-be voters, is that while parties are pushing for the registrations, the paperwork that’s filled out winds up in the Clerk’s Office to be certified, Williams said.

He thinks that’s why the unidentified volunteer on the video said she was working for the county clerk.

So glad you reached out to the paper, jaxx. They got right on it!

Silence is consent.
09-24-2012, 04:34 AM
(09-23-2012 08:20 PM)jaxx Wrote:  I heard back from the Gazette by tweet and they wrote this piece on what happened. The girl did NOT work for the county clerk, which I am very glad to hear. Anyway, good job by the paper!!!

TOM ROEDER
The Gazette

I still think the woman and the campaign should not be allowed to decide who they will register and who they will exclude. When I was registering voters in 2004 and 2008 I personally registered several voters that admitted to supporting the Republican candidates but we felt we had an ethical obligation to include all of them.

In Ohio we do not register by party so their would be no way by looking at the form for the campaign to know which cards are from Republicans and which from Democrats, independents or third parties.

GOTV in 2014
09-24-2012, 08:05 AM
(09-24-2012 04:34 AM)pappy Wrote:  I still think the woman and the campaign should not be allowed to decide who they will register and who they will exclude. When I was registering voters in 2004 and 2008 I personally registered several voters that admitted to supporting the Republican candidates but we felt we had an ethical obligation to include all of them.

In Ohio we do not register by party so their would be no way by looking at the form for the campaign to know which cards are from Republicans and which from Democrats, independents or third parties.

Of course you registered members of both parties... you're a Democrat and believe in fairness and think everyone who legally has a right to vote should be able to vote. Republicans don't think they have to give anyone who isn't of their party a fair chance or a break. They don't think like we do.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
09-24-2012, 08:44 AM
The question then is who is allowed to register people to vote? And if authorized to do so, can you discriminate? I bet not.

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." Barack Obama

Is féidir linn.