Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Republican National Committee used Philippines firm to set up call blasting Obama on
05-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Republican National Committee used Philippines firm to set up call blasting Obama on
Republican National Committee used Philippines firm to set up call blasting Obama on unemployment
By Lynn Sweet on May 3, 2012 8:18 AM

WASHINGTON--The Republican National Committee on Thursday stepped up its assault on President Barack Obama in advance of his campaign formal kick off Saturday in Ohio and Virginia--hitting him on "high unemployment" in the U.S. as the RNC used a firm located in the Philippines to set up the "messaging" call.

<..> When I called in for the conference call, I asked where the operator I talked to was based and was told Manila.

<..> But giving a company in the Philippines business is good enough for the GOP campaign?

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2012/05/...ee_21.html

Not only does their candidate bank offshore, now the GOP must pay for offshore people to do the calling for them? Interesting. Looks like the GOP has no volunteers to work for them. So much for supporting the USA jobs!

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
05-03-2012, 09:29 AM
RE: Republican National Committee used Philippines firm to set up call blasting Obama
The 1% "job creators" are creating jobs, just not in the USA. Facepalm
05-03-2012, 09:56 AM
RE: Republican National Committee used Philippines firm to set up call blasting Obama on
[Image: 20120502-this_guy.jpg]

05-03-2012, 11:11 AM
RE: Republican National Committee used Philippines firm to set up call blasting Obama on
Mitt Romney Commissioned Pro-America Pins, Made Them In China
By Alex Seitz-Wald on May 3, 2012 at 12:57 pm

At a fundraiser in Virginia last night, Mitt Romney touted his experinece running the Salt Lake City Olympic Games in 2002, a familiar refrain, but also introduced a new rhetorical line about something more specific — lapel pins. He told a story about “We Stand United” American flag pins he commissioned for the games, which took place just months after the terror attacks on 9/11. Romney touted his creation of the pins as a means to explain how he hopes to bring Americans together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...VNrXoYC83M

Complicating Romney’s patriotic message is the fact that the pins were made in China, according to a website run by the Utah state government’s culture department, as TPM’s Evan McMorris-Santoro pointed out on Twitter.

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/05...rica-pins/

Shameful. We need a president who is for American jobs, not outsourcing.

05-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Obama campaign used Kansas firm for conference call: Contrast with GOP
By Lynn Sweet on May 7, 2012 9:59 AM | No Comments

WASHINGTON-- Last Thursday, I reported how, when I called in for a Republican National Committee conference call, I asked where the operator I talked to was based and was told Manila. Today--Monday--when I phoned into an Obama for American conference call featuring campaign manager Jim Messina and top strategist David Axelrod, I asked the same question to the operator; she told me she was in Wichita, Kansas.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2012/05/...s_fir.html

Jobs for Americans via the Obama campaign. Quite a contrast between Manila and Wichita!

05-07-2012, 10:09 AM
This may be a stretch but does directly involving a foreign corporation in US Presidential electioneering run afoul of election laws? This was not about making fake American patriotic pins. This is direct involvement in political communications.

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
05-07-2012, 10:30 AM
(05-07-2012 10:09 AM)pappy Wrote:  This may be a stretch but does directly involving a foreign corporation in US Presidential electioneering run afoul of election laws? This was not about making fake American patriotic pins. This is direct involvement in political communications.

Shrug I dunno The GOP said they contract with Verizon and Verizon set up their call.