Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Obama Owns bin Laden
04-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Why Obama Owns bin Laden
By Jon Meacham

He learned it early. Barack Obama is many things; among them, he is a tough and even ferocious political warrior. In his book Dreams from My Father, Obama vividly describes how his stepfather taught him to box in Indonesia, and how he himself still remembers the feel and smell of the Everlast gloves they wore as he endured punches until he found the strength and the skill to land blows of his own.

~~
Republicans are — forgive the cliché — shocked, shocked to discover that a presidential contender is “politicizing” an important national event. In this sense, “politicizing” might be best translated as “beating us up and we don’t have anything much to say to stop it.” The ad itself raises intriguing, substantive, legitimate questions — and the ferocious, sputtering Republican reaction is proof positive that they know it, or at least suspect it.

Read more: http://ideas.time.com/2012/04/30/why-oba...z1tXPuq3IV

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Why Obama Owns bin Laden #1 - Born_A_Truman - 04-30-2012, 09:29 AM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #2 - jaxx - 04-30-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #3 - janedrake - 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #4 - jaxx - 04-30-2012, 01:35 PM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #5 - Born_A_Truman - 04-30-2012, 02:45 PM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #6 - Born_A_Truman - 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #7 - Drunken Irishman - 04-30-2012, 04:04 PM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #8 - Born_A_Truman - 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #10 - SeattleGirl - 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #9 - jaxx - 04-30-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #11 - KonaKane - 04-30-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden #12 - jaxx - 05-01-2012, 10:48 AM
[*]
04-30-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Why Obama Owns bin Laden
Good article. And we are going to see plenty of "tough" responses from the Obama-Biden campaign. If the repubs expected a pushover they are having a rude awakening.

Plus, the odds point to the fact that Willard wouldn't have made that call because he can't make up his mind about anything!!

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
04-30-2012, 01:22 PM
All of this is so rich coming from the GOP given that every national, state and local Republican campaign ran on the boogeyman of Osama bin Laden, and on making Bush's spectacular failures with regard to 9/11 look like a glorious triumph. Republicans have no shame, no capacity for embarrassment whatsoever.
04-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Did anyone see the presser today? Some media person asked about the ad in a snooty kind of way and got this answer:

President Obama: 'I said that I'd go after bin Laden if we had a clear shot at him, and I did'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...GBkCIsAQUA
Published on Apr 30, 2012 by dkostv

04-30-2012, 02:45 PM
And Bush used the terror alerts constantly.

Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge says pressure from fellow Cabinet members to raise the nation’s terror alert level just before the 2004 presidential election helped convince him it was time to quit working for President George W. Bush.

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
And then there was Rudy (A noun, a verb and 9-11) Giuliani.

04-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Jon Meacham wrote that?!?
04-30-2012, 08:44 PM
[Image: Arxe8aJCQAA4CjR.jpg]

04-30-2012, 09:46 PM
(04-30-2012 08:44 PM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  [Image: Arxe8aJCQAA4CjR.jpg]

Love Ya

Silence is consent.
04-30-2012, 08:47 PM
I love it. What a great bumper sticker.

04-30-2012, 10:16 PM
The attempt to pull the death of Bin Laden from Obama has Rove's fingerprints all over it. It is right from the Rove playbook - "If you can't steal their thunder, take their best assets and turn them into deficits".

He couldn't be more obvious.
05-01-2012, 10:48 AM
How Obama Suckered Romney into His Bin Laden Trap
By: Jason EasleyApril 30, 2012

Mitt Romney fell into President Obama’s trap on Osama Bin Laden, and now the president has closed the noose and made the Republican nominee appear weak on national security.

The Obama campaign set Mitt Romney up days ago by releasing a video of former President Bill Clinton praising President Obama’s decision to go get Bin Laden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...YykD6_OHO0

<..> The bait was on the hook, and sure enough, Mitt Romney couldn’t resist taking it. In a rebuttal to the video Romney said, “Even Jimmy Carter would have given that order.” As the Obama campaign already knew, Jimmy Carter may have given that order, but Mitt Romney was already on record saying that he wouldn’t.

<..> President Obama suckered Mitt Romney and the GOP into reminding America, repeatedly that he ordered the action to go after Bin Laden. This is a terrible issue for Romney and the GOP, but they have to talk about it because this is what their base wants. Obama was not only able to get Romney to campaign for him on his foreign policy strengths, but he was able to target Romney’s character issues, and make the Republicans look weak on national security. The president was able to accomplish this without even uttering the name, Mitt Romney.

http://www.politicususa.com/obama-sucker...laden.html

Willard has more baggage, after running for president for years, than anyone the GOP could have chosen to be their candidate....including Newt, who is old time.
It's a pleasure to watch the Obama team use Willard's own words to keep him on edge.