Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fewer people registering for Susan G. Komen races
04-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Fewer people registering for Susan G. Komen races
It's too bad an organization that has helped many women behaved badly and very politically by wanting to defund Planned Parenthood. I hope they've learned their lesson.

Quote:Organizers of individual Race for the Cure events — 5K runs and walks that account for most of the charity's fundraising — have seen participation decline by as much as 30 percent. Most also saw their fundraising numbers go down, although a couple of races brought in more money.

Race organizers acknowledge the effect of the Planned Parenthood debacle, which angered people on both sides of the abortion debate.

"I think there's no getting around the fact that the controversy did have an impact," said Leslie Aun, a spokeswoman for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. "We're not back where we were. We know that it's going to take a while."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47107627/ns/...men-races/

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
04-21-2012, 06:07 PM
RE: Fewer people registering for Susan G. Komen races
It is too bad, but their defunding Planned Parenthood hurt the very people who need the exams provided.
Did they learn their lesson? We'll see.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
04-21-2012, 10:09 PM
RE: Fewer people registering for Susan G. Komen races
I donated to Planned Parenthood this week and had a long discussion with the guy on the phone about their organization. They are trying to open one up here in the high desert, and it is badly needed--as the closest one is down the hill in San Bernardino. Of course all the local RWNJs are trying to keep it from opening.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama