Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paul Ryan: 'I Really Misspoke' In Saying Generals Did Not Support Obama Defense Budge
04-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Paul Ryan: 'I Really Misspoke' In Saying Generals Did Not Support Obama Defense Budge
Paul Ryan: 'I Really Misspoke' In Saying Generals Did Not Support Obama Defense Budget

Posted: 04/ 1/2012 10:57 am Updated: 04/ 1/2012 11:33 am

<..> "The military is a little offended by your words," Candy Crowley told him on CNN's "State of the Union."

"I really misspoke, to be candid with you, Candy. I didn't mean to make that kind of an impression," Ryan replied. "So I was clumsy in how I was describing the point I was trying to make."

<..> Ryan said Sunday that what he had been trying to say was that the administration had prioritized achieving a certain budget number over providing the funds to accommodate the correct military strategy.

"General Dempsey and I spoke after that, and I wanted to give that to him, which was that's not what I was attempting to say," Ryan said on CNN. "What I was attempting to say is that President Obama put out his budget number for the Pentagon first ... and then they began the strategy review to conform the budget to meet that number. We think it should have been the other way around."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/01...tml?ref=tw

He didn't misspeak, he just said the same thing again....

"What I was attempting to say is that President Obama put out his budget number for the Pentagon first ... and then they began the strategy review to conform the budget to meet that number.

He meant it, and the generals called him on it. F'n snot.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
04-01-2012, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 11:38 AM by janedrake.)
RE: Paul Ryan: 'I Really Misspoke' In Saying Generals Did Not Support Obama Defense Budge
(04-01-2012 11:24 AM)jaxx Wrote:  Paul Ryan: 'I Really Misspoke' In Saying Generals Did Not Support Obama Defense Budget

Posted: 04/ 1/2012 10:57 am Updated: 04/ 1/2012 11:33 am

<..> "The military is a little offended by your words," Candy Crowley told him on CNN's "State of the Union."

"I really misspoke, to be candid with you, Candy. I didn't mean to make that kind of an impression," Ryan replied. "So I was clumsy in how I was describing the point I was trying to make."

<..> Ryan said Sunday that what he had been trying to say was that the administration had prioritized achieving a certain budget number over providing the funds to accommodate the correct military strategy.

"General Dempsey and I spoke after that, and I wanted to give that to him, which was that's not what I was attempting to say," Ryan said on CNN. "What I was attempting to say is that President Obama put out his budget number for the Pentagon first ... and then they began the strategy review to conform the budget to meet that number. We think it should have been the other way around."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/01...tml?ref=tw

He didn't misspeak, he just said the same thing again....

"What I was attempting to say is that President Obama put out his budget number for the Pentagon first ... and then they began the strategy review to conform the budget to meet that number.

He meant it, and the generals called him on it. F'n snot.

Anyone else tired of Republicans using "misspoke" as a cover for their blatant lies and propagandizing? Ryan has a B.A. in economics -- but he's supposed to be the smartest guy in the room? He's supposed to know better than the current highly-successful Commander-in-Chief and seasoned generals? I can't wait until the weasel Ryan is a footnote in politics. I really hope he is not able to dupe the country into go along with his presidential ambitions.
04-01-2012, 11:37 AM
RE: Paul Ryan: 'I Really Misspoke' In Saying Generals Did Not Support Obama Defense Budge
I wish I had the power to declare the word "misspoke" illegal. What a wimpy word and the people who use it are wimps who refuse to take responsibility for their own words.

Silence is consent.
04-01-2012, 11:47 AM
No not really, the military heard him loud
and clear. He called them "liars"...that's all!

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.”

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

Plato
04-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Who is running against this clown in November?
Ryan is one person who really needs to be voted out of office, does anyone know if there is a democrat running against him, and if so who is the democrat and what are his chance of beating Ryan?

I hope the democrats have come up with a plan to take back the house, and maybe gain some seats in the senate, or at least hold on to the majority. Seems like people like Ryan would be good candidates to go after if there were a strong democrat to run against him. Same goes with Boehner and Cantor. Now I know they probably come for strong republican districts, but there is always a chance people are tired of the crap, and are ready to boot them out.
04-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Hey Paul...in my day, they didn't call it "misspoke". They called it LYING.
04-01-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Paul Ryan: 'I Really Misspoke' In Saying Generals Did Not Support Obama Defense B
Another non-apology. Like said above, the usual "I'm sorry I got caught" explanation.
04-02-2012, 01:19 AM
In Nixon's day, Nixon's press secretary would have noted that Ryan's previous statement was "inoperative."

"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it."--André Gide
04-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Misspoken=
Getting called out on a lie I usually get away with.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”

Benjamin Franklin