Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RadioShack calls customer "ugly itch from tatoville"
03-15-2012, 03:12 PM
RadioShack calls customer "ugly itch from tatoville"
Following up on the PizzaHut employee who thought it was cute to type on a Chinese American's receipt "Mrs. Chinky eyes", RadioShack has entered the fray of stupid racist employee tricks.

Radio Shack Receipt: Customer 'Ugly Itch' From 'Ghettohood,USA'

A woman went into a Maryland RadioShack to buy a cassette tape adapter and left with a receipt that read "ugly itch" from "tattoville," referring to the tattoos on her arm in memory of a child lost to SIDS and her deceased mother.

On the receipt from the Silver Spring, MD store were these typed out words: "ugly itch, ghettohood, usa, tattoville, Maryland." Lewis decided to return to the store to speak to the manager.

When Lewis returned to RadioShack, the 27-year-old says she was greeted with a few curse words from the manager. The employee that wrote the note on the receipt began to apologize, calling the words "just a joke," said Lewis.

When she attempted to get a number for the store's corporate office, Lewis says she was given a bogus number and the manager threatened to call the cops.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/rad...-news.html

--------------

What a blessing the new GOP/Tea Party are for this nation, isn't it? They have opened a whole new era when, as Ronald Reagan had hoped, "people would be comfortable with their prejudices again."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
03-15-2012, 03:15 PM
My daughter has a tattoo for her baby who died of SIDS
This takes my breath away.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~
03-15-2012, 03:27 PM
RE: RadioShack calls customer "ugly itch from tatoville"
I's the second such incident in so many months, and the store's reaction to her was almost as appalling as the receipt.

Is this a new low in customer relations? A trend? Especially if you are not White?
03-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Makes me wonder why people like the clerk have jobs and nice people are looking for a job. What kind of fool was the manager giving a bogus phone number for the corporate headquarters? Sheesh, not a dimes worth of difference between them.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
03-15-2012, 04:36 PM
(03-15-2012 04:06 PM)jaxx Wrote:  ..........

What kind of fool was the manager giving a bogus phone number for the corporate headquarters? Sheesh, not a dimes worth of difference between them.

I know! How boneheaded was that? "I'll just give her a fake number" as if she wouldn't dial it and find out.
03-15-2012, 06:37 PM
(03-15-2012 04:36 PM)KonaKane Wrote:  
(03-15-2012 04:06 PM)jaxx Wrote:  ..........

What kind of fool was the manager giving a bogus phone number for the corporate headquarters? Sheesh, not a dimes worth of difference between them.

I know! How boneheaded was that? "I'll just give her a fake number" as if she wouldn't dial it and find out.

No kidding. That manager is dumber than a box of rocks.

Silence is consent.
03-15-2012, 06:45 PM
(03-15-2012 06:37 PM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  No kidding. That manager is dumber than a box of rocks.

And almost as ugly!