Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alabama and Mississippi Primary returns
03-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Alabama and Mississippi Primary returns
I see MS has 16% reported and AL with only 2% in.

Weird since they both closed at 8pm est. Is one better at math?

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Alabama and Mississippi Primary returns #1 - jaxx - 03-13-2012, 07:25 PM
[*]
03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: Alabama and Mississippi Primary returns
ALABAMA
12% in 47 delegates full results
March 13
Rick Santorum
Rick Santorum
34% 20,176
Newt Gingrich
Newt Gingrich
30% 17,487
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney
28% 16,567

Ron Paul5%
Uncommitted2%

MISSISSIPPI
51% in 37 delegates full results
March 13
Rick Santorum
Rick Santorum
33% 33,165
Newt Gingrich
Newt Gingrich
31% 31,396
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney
31% 30,860

Ron Paul4%

http://elections.msnbc.msn.com/ns/politi...n/complete

You can check the counties at this link too....beside the state results.

Again, why is Alabama so slow in counting???

03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Why do their names appear twice?

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
03-13-2012, 07:54 PM
(03-13-2012 07:47 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  Why do their names appear twice?

I dunno....just a quirk from copy and paste. They do on all the sites I've posted from before too.

03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
MSNBC just called Santorum the projected winner in Alabama with 29% in.

ALABAMA
29% in 47 delegates full results
March 13
Rick Santorum
Rick Santorum
34% 49,297
Newt Gingrich
Newt Gingrich
30% 42,510
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney
28% 40,299

Ron Paul5%
Uncommitted2%

Mississippi too close to call with 79% in.

MISSISSIPPI
79% in 37 delegates full results
March 13
Rick Santorum
Rick Santorum
33% 52,052
Newt Gingrich
Newt Gingrich
32% 50,396
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney
30% 47,875

Ron Paul4%

03-13-2012, 08:16 PM
John ‏ @linnyitssn
That Gingrich banner on his website saying he was leading polls both in Alabama and Mississippi all of a sudden disappeared. Shocked

NBC News ‏ @NBCNews
"We got a barnburner in Mississippi." - @ChuckTodd on @msnbcTV. #Decision2012 #MSPrimary

Mitt Romney ‏ @MittRomney
Will be a late night waiting for results from American Samoa and HI but a big THANK YOU to everyone who voted in MS and AL. #Mitt2012 Cry

Joy Reid ‏ @TheReidReport
Willard, we have a problem http://bit.ly/wmghjF #GOP2012

helen ‏ @liberalchik
santorum wins alabama..oh GOP, yall be so fucked.

03-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Lawrence said Santorum is on his way to give his winner speech for Alabama. I hope he doesn't use a teleprompter. Wink

He will be live on MSNBC, try to contain yourselves.

03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
This is going to make Mitt beat his dog again. He is doing worse in the South than even he expected.
03-13-2012, 08:36 PM
(03-13-2012 08:31 PM)KonaKane Wrote:  This is going to make Mitt beat his dog again. He is doing worse in the South than even he expected.

It's definitely the south...but Newt losing is more interesting, he was so sure he'd win. Willard's grits didn't do a thing for him either.

Santorum's first words of speech......well, we did it again. Puke

03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
I have diarrhea breath on mute - I can't listen to this weirdo.

Romney is a buffoon losing to this mental defective roflmao

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
03-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Rick took credit for winning MS too! Not called yet. Also daughter in Hawaii now and he is going to Puerto Rico for 2 days tomorrow. Where is he getting the $$$?

03-13-2012, 08:46 PM
MISSISSIPPI
95% in 37 delegates full results
March 13
Rick Santorum
Rick Santorum
33% 78,090
Newt Gingrich
Newt Gingrich
31% 74,428
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney
30% 71,313

Ron Paul4%

ALABAMA
77% in 47 delegates full results
March 13
Rick Santorum
Rick Santorum
35% 135,113
Newt Gingrich
Newt Gingrich
30% 114,363
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney
28% 109,117

Ron Paul5%
Uncommitted1%

03-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Newt is speaking. Congrats to Rick. Bragging about his delegates, on to Tampa. Said Mitt collapsed....not the front runner.

I am amazed that Santorum won both states. And mystified that his brand of religious intolerance was accepted there by the Southern Baptists.

03-13-2012, 09:01 PM
(03-13-2012 08:59 PM)jaxx Wrote:  Newt is speaking. Congrats to Rick. Bragging about his delegates, on to Tampa. Said Mitt collapsed....not the front runner.

I am amazed that Santorum won both states. And mystified that his brand of religious intolerance was accepted there by the Southern Baptists.

Kind of surprising too, but maybe the vote was more anti-Mitt than pro-Frothy.

Silence is consent.
03-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Grin Whatever keeps the mayhem flowin!!!
(03-13-2012 09:01 PM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  Kind of surprising too, but maybe the vote was more anti-Mitt than pro-Frothy.

Lovin it!!!!

eta: Thx for the updates, guys!!!
03-13-2012, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 10:48 PM by suzie.)
(03-13-2012 09:01 PM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  
(03-13-2012 08:59 PM)jaxx Wrote:  Newt is speaking. Congrats to Rick. Bragging about his delegates, on to Tampa. Said Mitt collapsed....not the front runner.

I think you hit on it, Seattle Girl.

You're a Northeastern Harvard elite guy and you come to the South and talk about "cheesy grits"? John Kerry did the same thing when he came down and said, "Who AMONGST us doesn't love NASCAR?" (And don't get me wrong, I like John Kerry, but it were a dum thing to do).

Romney would have done better to have just been himself. The "morning y'all" pandering seems condescending. And if there's one thing that Southerners, including this liberal Southerner, hate, its a condescending Northeastern elitist.

Plus, which candidates ever spend a lot of time in either Mississippi or Alabama? Voting for Santorum got them a ton of national recognition.
03-14-2012, 04:22 AM
(03-13-2012 09:01 PM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  

I think the anti-Mitt played a role but not so much the pro-Frothy. Rather than pro-Frothy I see the vote for him as being about passion. The religious wingers came out to the tune of 80% in one of the states (can't remember which).

There is passion on the far right for the social issues. Far beyond their own economic plight they feel like voting their "values" is doing God's work. Santorum is the closest candidate to that level of commitment to "God's work" in this field. With no Southern Baptist in the field they had to vote for someone of a different religion. Santorum, in spite of his Catholicism, fit the bill the best because he has the passion for the "values voter".

GOTV in 2014
03-14-2012, 01:27 AM

??? I don't know anybody more intolerant than Southern Baptists. Well, wait, there's the southern brand of Pentecostal, crazed fire and brimstone types. Even the Baptists around here are the most intolerant and judgmental group in town.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2012, 10:46 PM
(03-14-2012 01:27 AM)sandnsea Wrote:  

??? I don't know anybody more intolerant than Southern Baptists. Well, wait, there's the southern brand of Pentecostal, crazed fire and brimstone types. Even the Baptists around here are the most intolerant and judgmental group in town.

I've written many times that Romeny can't win a primary in the south primarily because of the Southern Baptist Convention. They've spent decades "warning" their members that Mormons are a non-Christian cult. No denomination hates Mormons as much as the SBC. Romney NEVER HAD A CHANCE. Not in AL, MI, TN, GA or SC.

I just googled this article that gives a good background story.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/faith...rmons.html

Quote:In the early 1980s, Southern Baptist Convention leaders discovered—much to their horror—that 40 percent of Mormonism's 217,000 converts in 1980 came from Baptist backgrounds. More than 150 Mormon missionaries had descended on the northern Georgia area alone, a Southern Baptist magazine noted warily in 1982, and they found Southern Baptists among their most promising targets.

Quote:And the SBC got serious about tempering the expansion of what was becoming the fastest-growing religion in the world. They developed programs, trained pastors, hosted Mormonism-awareness conferences, and published articles to help spread the message to Southern Baptists that Mormonism was a dangerous cult religion they had to avoid. The SBC's Sunday School Board developed an instruction kit, "The Christian Confronting the Cults," that covered five religious groups: the Mormon Church, Jehovah's Witnesses, the Worldwide Church of God, the Unification Church (the Moonies), and Christian Scientists.

Quote:The effort didn't end after the '80s came to a close. In 1998, the SBC held its annual convention in enemy territory: Salt Lake City, the Mormon Church's headquarters. Three thousand Southern Baptist volunteers went on a door-to-door missionary effort bringing the evangelical message to Mormon neighborhoods. While the SBC engaged in such outreach during every yearly meeting, regardless of the locale, the missionary work in Salt Lake City had a more obvious goal than when the convention-goers visited Indianapolis or Philadelphia. To equip the volunteers, the SBC developed a video called The Mormon Puzzle and distributed copies of it with a book titled Mormonism Unmasked. Both works promised to "lift the veil from one of the greatest deceptions in the history of religion," a blurb on the book's cover announced.

Mike Huckabee spoke at that convention in Salt Lake City. Huckabee knew EXACTLY what he was saying when he attacked Romney's religion and pretended to ask innocent questions about Mormon beliefs.

There are plenty of factual criticisms I'll make of Mormonism. But what SBC produces is nothing but the worst kind of bigoted hate literature. You can't erase that in one or two election cycles.
03-13-2012, 09:04 PM
And there stands Newt saying he'll debate the President. WTF is going to make him understand his days are over? I f'n can't stand him, he makes my skin crawl.

03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
MISSISSIPPI
96% in 37 delegates full results
March 13
Rick Santorum
Rick Santorum
33% 86,221
Newt Gingrich
Newt Gingrich
31% 82,202
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney
30% 79,113

Ron Paul4%

Definitely Newt lost. But all 3 stooges in the 30 percentile. Doesn't say much for any of them.

03-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Still baffled why people think Southern Baptists aren't as nuts as Santorum. That isn't to say anybody raised in any given Southern Baptist congregation has the same brand of religion as the bible belt, but Santorum's brand of religion sounds like what I hear when I've been there.