Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Source: Bob Vander Plaats asked Michele Bachmann to quit
12-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Source: Bob Vander Plaats asked Michele Bachmann to quit
For what it's worth....a 'source' and a Politico article.

By REID J. EPSTEIN | 12/20/11 4:33 PM EST

DES MOINES – Iowa evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats called Michele Bachmann and urged her to drop out of the race and endorse Rick Santorum, a source with knowledge of the conversation told POLITICO Tuesday.

The phone call took place Saturday, three days before Vander Plaats announced he – but not his organization, the Family Leader – was backing Santorum.

Bachmann declined, the source said, noting to Vander Plaats that she has consistently polled ahead of Santorum in the race and still does.

<..> “I refuse to take a swing at somebody and diminish what they think is their God-ordained role. I refuse to do that,” he said. “What I would say instead of quote, drop-out, unquote, is why can’t the top three or so pro-family candidates come together and figure out who has the talent for president, who has the talent for other roles in the federal government, whether it’s attorney general, secretary of state, vice president, Health and Human Services secretary, and those people could quickly, with the 10-10-10 situation [in the polls], could quickly vaunt into first place, win the Iowa caucus and win the nomination.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70713.html

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]