Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Truck full of equipment for Obama tour bus stolen in Virginia
10-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Truck full of equipment for Obama tour bus stolen in Virginia
President Obama's teleprompter, podium, and audio equipment were stolen from a Virginia hotel parking lot, NBC12 in Richmond reports.

The truck was reportedly parked at the Virginia Center Commons Courtyard Marriott before the president's scheduled appearance in Chesterfield.

NBC12 reports the truck was recovered on Monday in another hotel's parking lot near the airport.

A Defense Information Systems Agency spokesperson released a statement saying, "no classified or sensitive information was in the vehicle. We take incidents such as this very seriously and a formal investigation is continuing."

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/...3.html?bus

(edited by moderator)

It's "Yes WE can" not "Yes HE Can".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
10-18-2011, 05:40 AM
RE: Truck full of equipment for Obama tour bus stolen in Virginia
that is not good. it helps that they got it back, but i would think they would be more alert ...

please, be more alert!!!

thank you for posting that, HopeOverFear!

[Image: signature.php?uid=16]
10-18-2011, 08:28 AM
And of course, at least one network (ABC) has to get snarky over this with their article's headline: "Did Someone Steal the President’s Teleprompter?" and the the phrase "the all-important teleprompters which President Obama uses for almost all of his public remarks" in the article.

This pisses me off. They act as if no other President has ever used them.

[Image: images.jpg]

[Image: s320x240]

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
10-18-2011, 03:35 PM
(10-18-2011 08:28 AM)azmouse Wrote:  And of course, at least one network (ABC) has to get snarky over this with their article's headline: "Did Someone Steal the President’s Teleprompter?" and the the phrase "the all-important teleprompters which President Obama uses for almost all of his public remarks" in the article.

This pisses me off. They act as if no other President has ever used them.

[Image: images.jpg]

[Image: s320x240]

I expect nothing less from ABC than that kind of assinine snark.

Silence is consent.
10-18-2011, 10:46 AM
People are really stupid to do something like this. They'll get caught, but others will be emboldened to try similar tricks.

Where was security? Isn't someone supposed to be with the bus and extra vehicles at all times? What the hell was the secret service thinking? This really reeks and I hope there is a huge investigation.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
10-18-2011, 12:37 PM
It doesn't say if the contents were taken so that's still a mystery. Were the drivers having coffee or was it an overnight job?

You can bet they're going to be not leaving their equipment unattended in the future. Too bad they had to find out the hard way about thieves.

Thanks for this, HopeOverFear.

"Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport. The Future Is Ours If We Actively Participate In Shaping It" Flag
John Harder~http://zerowastekauai.org/index.html