Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'I'm Mitt Romney': A Further Explanation
04-25-2012, 09:08 AM
By Charles P. Pierce
at 11:50AM

On two different occasions during this campaign, this blog has offered what the blog continues to believe to be very solid advice to the pit-crew handling the Romneybot 2.0 as to how to proceed with their efforts to place the mechanism into a position of leadership. Now, there's not a lot going on around it these days. The nomination's in the satchel, even though Crazy Uncle Liberty (!) is still out there, gathering the lame, the halt, and the goldbugs among the delegates. The media is beginning to get with the program about how the Romneybot is changing gears now as it moves toward the general election. And, still there's all this whispering about how "the Republican brand" is getting all tangled up in the internal gears and flywheels, causing the mechanism to make horrible grinding noises and blow a lot of smoke in a lot of different directions. The "Republican brand" is the reason why all that carefully calibrated gear-changing looks like clumsy, clanking steampunk opportunism. Once again, modestly, as always, and only because I care, I offer the following:

"I'm Mitt Romney, bitches, and I'm all you got left.

<..> I'm Mitt Romney, and I do what I want, and how you like me now, anyway?"

Sources close to the Romney campaign have told the blog that the campaign is unlikely to follow its advice.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Im...c=soc_twtr

Grin

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
04-25-2012, 04:36 PM
RE: 'I'm Mitt Romney': A Further Explanation
I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve the latest version of who I am.

"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it."--André Gide
04-25-2012, 04:50 PM
(04-25-2012 04:36 PM)DFW Wrote:  I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve the latest version of who I am.

I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve the latest version of who I am, TODAY!

No Justice? No Peace!
04-25-2012, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2012 11:14 PM by janedrake.)
Perfect, Pappy!

This, from the piece, sums up for me the entirety of Romney's platform:
Haven't you goobers caught on yet? I am running for president because I am supposed to be president. That is the essence of my political philosophy. That is the basic tenet of my fundamental ideology. I should be president because I am rich and handsome and my great-granchildren are already financially bulletproof to the point where, if my pals in the financial-services "industry" crash the economy completely, and animal hides become the medium of exchange again, my great-grandchildren will have more pelts than anyone else, and they will rule the world. I should be president because I should be president. And because...

I'm Mitt Romney, bitches, and I'm all you got left.