Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Iranians respond to Israeli Facebook initiative: Israel, we love you too
03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Published 09:54 19.03.12
Latest update 09:54 19.03.12

Numerous posts by Iranians start popping up on 'Israel loves Iran' Facebook page, in response to Israeli messages of peace.
By Oded Yaron

The 'Israel loves Iran' Facebook campaign has begun to receive numerous responses from Iranians, who stared responding to the Israeli initiative that calls on people to announce their love for the Iranians by posting pictures on Facebook.

Up to Saturday night, graphic artists Ronny Edry and his wife, Michal Tamir, who began the campaign, were still trying to persuade Iranians to respond to the dozens of Israelis that put up posters of themselves with the words, "Iranians, we will never bomb your country, we [heart] you."

On Sunday their labor bore fruit, as more and more posts by Iranians started popping up on their Facebook page, in response to their Israeli counterparts.

“My Israeli friends, I do not hate you; I do not want war. love, Peace,” read many Iranian posters that were posted by Iranians to the new group page. Most of the Iranians, who posted messages to the Facebook group, did so with their faces partially veiled, probably out of fear from the Iranian authorities. On Saturday, Edry said that Iranian group members explained that they could be arrested if recognized in the photos.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/ira...o-1.419505

This is huge. The Iranian people talking to the Israeli people....with love.
Listen Bibi, listen.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
03-19-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: Iranians respond to Israeli Facebook initiative: Israel, we love you too
This is good to see. What the people at the top and those who choose to live outside the bubble of a societal norm always seem to forget about is that many "regular" people are of a different mind set. They don't want to be bombed, and they don't want to bomb.

I really hope this site does make a difference. Even a small one would be a good thing.

Silence is consent.
03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Iranians respond to Israeli Facebook initiative: Israel, we love you too
That is awesome, awesome, awesome.