Democrats for Progress
Sunday Talks, 4/22/12 - Printable Version

+- Democrats for Progress (http://democratsforprogress.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: In The News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Sunday Talks, 4/22/12 (/showthread.php?tid=15162)

Sunday Talks, 4/22/12 - SeattleGirl - 04-21-2012 08:19 PM

Read the full article on the blog.

The Secret Service scandal in Colombia dominates this Sunday’s television talk shows, as the Republican presidential race turns to the field of possible running mates for the likely nominee, Mitt Romney.

“Fox News Sunday” and CBS’s “Face the Nation” have Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, which is investigating reports that Secret Service agents and military personnel were involved with prostitutes ahead of President Barack Obama’s trip to Colombia for the Summit of the Americas.

Reps. Peter King (R-N.Y.), chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, and Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, are on NBC’s “Meet the Press” to discuss the Secret Service scandal, as well as the inquiry into alleged lavish spending by officials of General Services Administration.

CBS also has a roundtable discussion on the Secret Service scandal with former Secret Service Director W. Ralph Basham, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) and Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.).

Cummings is also on CNN’s “State of the Union” and TV One’s “Washington Watch.”

ABC’s “This Week” has Maine Sen. Susan Collins, the ranking Republican on Lieberman’s committee, and Jackson Lee.

And Keith Olbermann makes his first TV appearance since his split with Al Gore’s Current TV, joining an ABC roundtable discussion with Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan and ABC’s George Will, Donna Brazile and Matthew Dowd.

NBC has as well the president’s senior campaign strategist, David Axelrod, who also stops by CNN.

Additionally on CNN, Sen. Marco Rubio, (R-Fla.), often mentioned as a possible Romney running mate, discusses the presidential campaign and immigration issues.

RE: Sunday Talks, 4/22/12 - jaxx - 04-21-2012 08:46 PM

Olbermann on ABC. That might be worth watching.

RE: Sunday Talks, 4/22/12 - SeattleGirl - 04-22-2012 02:25 AM

(04-21-2012 08:46 PM)jaxx Wrote:  Olbermann on ABC. That might be worth watching.

Even though he sometimes really pissed me off, for the most part, I loved watching him.

RE: Sunday Talks, 4/22/12 - azmouse - 04-22-2012 09:25 AM

Didn't take Olbermann long to land another job. Have to wonder if he had it lined up and needed to find a way to break with Current.

RE: Sunday Talks, 4/22/12 - jaxx - 04-23-2012 08:06 AM

(04-22-2012 09:25 AM)azmouse Wrote:  Didn't take Olbermann long to land another job. Have to wonder if he had it lined up and needed to find a way to break with Current.

I missed the show....where did he get a job?

RE: Sunday Talks, 4/22/12 - azmouse - 04-23-2012 08:14 AM

(04-23-2012 08:06 AM)jaxx Wrote:  
(04-22-2012 09:25 AM)azmouse Wrote:  Didn't take Olbermann long to land another job. Have to wonder if he had it lined up and needed to find a way to break with Current.

I missed the show....where did he get a job?

Sorry about that. I was assuming that he might now be working for ABC instead of just a guest appearance on the show.

RE: Sunday Talks, 4/22/12 - jaxx - 04-23-2012 08:26 AM

(04-23-2012 08:14 AM)azmouse Wrote:  
(04-23-2012 08:06 AM)jaxx Wrote:  I missed the show....where did he get a job?

Sorry about that. I was assuming that he might now be working for ABC instead of just a guest appearance on the show.

LOL anything is possible.