Democrats for Progress
"Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - Printable Version

+- Democrats for Progress (http://democratsforprogress.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: DFP Central (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: "Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" (/showthread.php?tid=14448)

"Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - MilesColtrane - 03-24-2012 10:42 PM

I have to hand to the country's headline editors.

They keep coming up with creative Santorum double-entedres.

I guess it's makes sense that a Santorum surge would come from flexing your southern muscle.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/25/us-usa-campaign-louisiana-idUSBRE82O00K20120325

RE: "Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - SeattleGirl - 03-24-2012 11:29 PM

I guess Mitt better watch out, what with Santorum coming from behind and all.....

Creep

RE: "Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - There Is No Spoon - 03-24-2012 11:33 PM

(03-24-2012 11:29 PM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  I guess Mitt better watch out, what with Santorum coming from behind and all.....

Creep

Backingout

RE: "Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - SeattleGirl - 03-24-2012 11:37 PM

(03-24-2012 11:33 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(03-24-2012 11:29 PM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  I guess Mitt better watch out, what with Santorum coming from behind and all.....

Creep

Backingout

roflmao

RE: "Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - PoliticalTiger - 03-25-2012 02:58 AM

Creep

Maybe they can shake each other's Etch-A-Sketch! ;0)

RE: "Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - pappy - 03-25-2012 05:08 AM

To all of the above posters...............Spank

RE: "Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - jaxx - 03-25-2012 07:07 AM

Another southern state goes for Santorum. One thing for sure is that the GOP has it's groupies. Wink

RE: "Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - suzie - 03-25-2012 08:56 AM

The Baptists in Mississippi and Alabama were not going to vote for a Mormon.

The Baptists and the Catholics in Louisiana were not going to vote for a Mormon.

oh dear... - azmouse - 03-25-2012 11:43 AM

[Image: popcorncatavatar.gif]

RE: "Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - jaxx - 03-25-2012 08:55 PM

Just think, this may be the first religious crusade ran as a presidential election. The Baptists and the Catholics vs the Mormons...and all of them vs the Christian POTUS. I don't doubt that they will have a big whoop-te-do if Romney wins the nomination for the GOP......who will they support then? Will those Santorum supporters go for Romney? Or Obama? Well, there is always Roemer, he's a good ol boy.

I see one Christian in the mix and he lives in the White House.

"...if Romney wins the nomination for the GOP" - MilesColtrane - 03-26-2012 07:33 AM

(03-25-2012 08:55 PM)jaxx Wrote:  ...if Romney wins the nomination for the GOP......who will they support then? Will those Santorum supporters go for Romney? Or Obama? Well, there is always Roemer, he's a good ol boy.

Seems like (with the exception of the Reagan years) there has been a rift between the greedhead/big bidness side of the GOP and the bible thumpers/fetus fans.
This year's primaries are certainly highlghting their fight for control of the party though.

I just hope Santorum hangs in until the Republican convention. A real knock down drag out would make for some must-see TV.

I think most disaffected fundy voters would suck it up and vote for Romney in the end. Their hatred and fear of Obama is stronger than their distaste for the Mormon Mit-Bot.

RE: "Santorum Wins Louisiana, Flexing Southern Muscle" - sandnsea - 03-26-2012 07:42 AM

And yet it's "region bashing" to point out some areas of this country are qutie different from the rest. And that it is a HUGE problem. Oh well.