RULES: Democrats for Progress welcomes individuals who support the Democratic party, its platform and its elected officials. Criticism of the Democratic party platform, the party and/or its elected officials is allowable, but at the sole discretion of the administrators.
- This message board is here to be supportive of the Democratic party (see our mission statement for specifics) and as such we don't ban, but discourage the use of the forum to discuss other message boards. If you feel there is an article on another board whose content would be interesting to our membership, feel free to discuss it here. We do ask that you try to avoid discussing specific posters. We do not wish to see this forum used as a platform to snipe at people who post elsewhere. The rules regarding the discussion of other forums do not apply in DFP Central and Winky's Tap Room, we simply ask that you not link directly to off-site threads/blog posts.
- Our board operates with general rules and guidelines based on how the membership wishes to see discussion conducted. Perhaps the most important rule to remember is the golden rule - treat others as you would like others to treat you.
- Please do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article (4 paragraphs max., but no more than 1/3 of any linked article) and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline). Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement.
- We ask that all posters be mindful that the DFP forums are intended for people who are supportive of the Democratic party and its politicians. As such we ask that people limit their criticisms of the party and its candidates to constructive criticism.
- By constructive criticism we mean:
- Criticism should focus on actions, not people and be as specific as possible - avoiding broad brushed criticisms.
- It should avoid inflammatory words and phrases
- The criticism should be intended to correct and improve, not tear down the party or its politicians.